SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best place online for auto parts?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best place online for auto parts? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I’m striking out except for EBay. I’ve also tried my local NAPA and O’Rilley stores without success. I’m trying to find the left tailgate light assembly for my 2004 Toyota Sienna. Any suggestions as to where I can find one without paying the price for a new car would be appreciated. I’ve tried the local salvage yards without success as well.
Thanks!

Posts: 12583 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Rock Auto, in my opinion

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:
Rock Auto, in my opinion
^^^Yep.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the time you can locate a place by g**gleing what you want.

https://www.google.com/search?...rome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:
Rock Auto, in my opinion

I think my buddy must own stock in Rock Auto by now he loves them

Posts: 13051 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’ve used rock auto for my last three cars.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8171 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Another vote for rockauto.com

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4018 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Car-part.com

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Another vote for RockAuto.

You'll find yourself buying stuff you don't need yet just to expand your magnet collection.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16317 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like rock auto also.

I'd be weary about ebay as a lot of times they're new old parts that somebody has had sitting in their garage or who knows where for the past 5 years or they're knock off oem parts labelled as oem sometimes.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Look into these guys for lights:

https://www.carid.com/automotive-lighting.html

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1101 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
http://www.car-part.com/

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6899 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
My order for two headlights with Rock Auto went smoothly. I'd use them again. But I don't see a "tailgate light" shown for a 2004 Sienna. I assume this is some kind of illumination light? They do show the license plate and tail lights.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 28690 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I will check rockauto.com first and get the price, then look locally and rockauto usually beats the local price every time.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
LKQ is more for used engines, transmissions and the like, but might have lights.

Posts: 28690 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
rockauto.com

It all depends...
I can get the bulbs I need @ rockauto.com
DORMAN 639007 {#9001009017} 5 to a pack for $12.29 shipped. Pretty good deal.

But, I can get OEM Toyota, 2 bulbs for $11.04 shipped, from toyota_scion_south ordered on ebay.
Toyota OEM 03-09 4Runner Control Knob Clock Dash Display Bulb 90010-09017

I only need two bulbs. So, in this case I'm going with the Toyota OEM. I checked with my local Toyota dealer, and it would cost about the same to pick them up, but they aren't even in stock so I might as well buy them online.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24638 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we need to hear from the original poster on what it is he actually needs since that seems unclear.

Posts: 1505 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Rock Auto.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
LKQ is more for used engines, transmissions and the like, but might have lights.

Lkq is for any commonly recycled vehicle part. Lights especially.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Only thing I can add from my (seriously) long time in auto dealership parts departments in GM dealerships.

With the rise in online presence if you find a dealer advertising a very low sale price be wary. While I was still in the business I would get customers bringing in a page that they printed off the website offering a new GM part at maybe three to five percent over dealer cost. Without looking at the price screen I pretty much could guess what the dealer cost of a part was.

Those dealers that advertise low sale prices (unless it is truly a "dog" part they want to get rid of they will make up for it with inflated shipping and handling charges that you will not find until you are on the checkout screen. Many times net you are saving ten to fifteen percent off retail.

A lot of dealerships will give their counterpeople leeway in pricing, it never hurts to ask politely.

A good relationship with your local dealership can be a benefit, try getting a online answer to an obscure question like changing a transfer case in a mid 80's GM truck from a 208 to a 205 (I know this is a stretch but us old timers know what to do) or to spend time determining why the part you looked up and bought for your 2012 Tahoe does not fit (nobody checked to see if it was a 9C1 equipped vehicle!)

Not to say parts people are always right, I just found this out with my Jeep and a radio swap, dealers said that I could not upgrade to the touch screen, both the brick and mortar stores and onlines said the same thing, on a Jeep forum I found out otherwise.

We are (or were) not always perfect though.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8405 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post