SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nifty Spam storage containers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nifty Spam storage containers Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
After opening a can of Spam I slice off a piece for immediate use, then put the rest into one or two general purpose plastic storage boxes and refrigerate for later use. It occurred to me that storage boxes just for that purpose might be offered on Amazon, but I couldn’t find anything better than the ones I had on hand.

But at my local Kroger grocery I checked their offerings of food storage containers, and, lo and behold, I found this package of six tub & lid pairs:

https://www.instacart.com/prod...orage-container-6-ct

Son of a gun! These are just what I’d hoped to find on Amazon. A cross section of a tub is a rounded corner rectangle, just the right size and shape for a loaf of Spam. It’s deep enough for about half a loaf.

These aren’t as durable as Rubbermaid containers but I’m sure that each tub & lid pair is good for at least a dozen uses. And the price was only $3.49 for six tub & lid pairs.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
What is "left over" Spam? Smile

We just put our Spam in a Ziplock sammich bag.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
Handy storage container:

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I the only person on the forum who has never tried SPAM. When I told my wife that she looked at me weird. She said they ate it a couple times a month as a kid.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Am I the only person on the forum who has never tried SPAM.
Probably. Had it often as a kid.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Those containers look just like what some lunch meats come in at the market.
I have saved a few for just what op describes but for many leftovers.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't need a container to store unused Spam. I generally buy the half-sized cans and slive it into 9 slices, fry all of them, and make 3 sandwiches. I typically eat 2 of those and put the other in a plastic bag in the fridge for later.

When I have a full-sized can, I slice it all, fry what I need for 2 sandwiches, and wrap the rest in aluminum foil in the fridge.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Am I the only person on the forum who has never tried SPAM.

No, I have never tried it either. Too old to start now.

Posts: 869 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post