SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You have 6 hours to talk me out of buying this AR pistol build kit
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You have 6 hours to talk me out of buying this AR pistol build kit Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
Kevin...What are Missouri laws with this? I've never bought anything through the mail, nor a kit. Do you have to register it once it's completed? Any other paperwork to legal ownership?

The only part of an AR that is a firearm is the lower receiver. The kits linked above at PSA don't contain he lower receiver, therefore they're not firearms. You'll do the paperwork and background check wherever you buy the stripped lower from.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1gkek:
quote:
Kevin...What are Missouri laws with this? I've never bought anything through the mail, nor a kit. Do you have to register it once it's completed? Any other paperwork to legal ownership?

The only part of an AR that is a firearm is the lower receiver. The kits linked above at PSA don't contain he lower receiver, therefore they're not firearms. You'll do the paperwork and background check wherever you buy the stripped lower from.

Got it. Thanks.

Posts: 2695 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Right. These kits may as well be a bag of night sights and extra springs. They're just parts.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
how can this be considered a pistol ? if you look at the gallery there is a kid shooting one the using the brace as a stock. love to build one though.

Put any pistol to your shoulder and it's still a pistol, brah.

I get that but the ' brace" looks like a stock. so what makes it a brace and not a stock? not trying to be a smartass just don't want to get into trouble because I think I'm going to build one.

Posts: 5606 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, if you haven’t been following the whole saga so far, it mostly involved the words “design” and “redesign” and didn’t make a whole lot of sense. The bottom line is, if it’s a brace, install it and don’t modify it (including removing any included straps or pads) and you can “incidentally” shoulder it without issue. If you start removing straps and pads and well, “redesigning” it, then you may run afoul.

Whatever you do, please, for the love of everything Holy, don’t write the ATF for a clarification letter.

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ what he said.

And of the braces that you may incidentally shoulder, the SBA3 would be more comfortable than the Blade.

Me, I just cheek-weld them and avoid the hubbub. ARs are soft shooters anyway.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for a 9mm ar pistol with bolt hold open feature. I've been told there is one on PSA but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help?

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have the blade on a Scorpion - it does the job but it isn't comfortable while doing anything (brace, face, or arm).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, you guys got me interested (ok, it doesn't take much). I've shot AR's, but not one of these pistol-length ones. I'm on PSA's email list and lo and behold, today's daily deals include a similar model, #5165449463, that seems identical to the one 46and2 linked to above (#5165449540), but with a different hand guard/fore end, and different front sight, for $469. Also interesting was a 7.5" length pistol kit (#5165449997), with no brace or sights, on clearance for $239. What do those of you with experience think of these items/deals? Also, it seems this kind of deal comes up pretty often, no?

Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Dang, why did I open this thread?
I didn't buy a kit but saw that the Mad Dog stripped lower was back in stock so I bought one.

I think I got the last one--because they were out of stock after I made my purchase.

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many mad dogs they get every time? Seems like they get them once a week and they sell out within a couple hours.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, you guys got me interested (ok, it doesn't take much). I've shot AR's, but not one of these pistol-length ones. I'm on PSA's email list and lo and behold, today's daily deals include a similar model, #5165449463, that seems identical to the one 46and2 linked to above (#5165449540), but with a different hand guard/fore end, and different front sight, for $469. Also interesting was a 7.5" length pistol kit (#5165449997), with no brace or sights, on clearance for $239. What do those of you with experience think of these items/deals? Also, it seems this kind of deal comes up pretty often, no?

The deals are pretty much non-stop in one form or another. PSA parts seem to work just fine as intended, and their “blem” deals I have personally laid hands on look no worse than new guns I’ve seen on gun shop racks in terms of marks. You can easily throw a carbine together for just over $400, like this package and one of their $40 lowers.

https://palmettostatearmory.co...arth-5165449583.html

Pistol kits are frequently just as cheap, as long as your not put off by the Shockeave brace. The SB products cost a little more if you like rigid rubber over hard plastic. You don’t even have to be very patient; their sales seem to be as regular as the tides.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15626 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost constant similar deals; pretty much what I thought. I get emails almost daily, but don't often check them out if I'm not looking for something.

posted Hide Post
What kind of quality do you get with PSA? I have some older full sized Bushmasters and Colts that I love. I have been wanting an AR pistol for a while, these guys seem to have good pricing for sure.

This one looks like a good deal as well.

https://palmettostatearmory.co...-bcg-5165449463.html

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, people have complained about PSA shipping in the past.

I was notified this shipped today, 2 days after ordering it. Seems to be an improvement over past experiences I have read.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered it Yesterday and at midnight I got an email saying it shipped. It’s due to arrive Monday, can’t complain one bit. And PSA ar’s are good to go

Posts: 3372 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post