SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Republican Debate Poll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Republican Debate Poll Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
A couple questions regarding last night’s debate. I’ll tell you the truth right now, my wife and I watched about 1 hour and 10 minutes of it and felt like we’d had enough.

Don’t read too much into the order the choices are listed.

Question:
Did you watch the Republican Debate last night?

Choices:
Yes
No
An hour or more
Less than an hour

Question:
Who do you think did the best (or won the debate if you like)?

Choices:
Ron DeSantis
Vivek Ramaswamy
Chris Christie
Mike Pence
Nikki Haley
Asa Hutchinson
Tim Scott
Doug Burgum

Question:
Who eliminated themselves, or performed badly?

Choices:
Ron DeSantis
Vivek Ramaswamy
Chris Christie
Mike Pence
Nikki Haley
Asa Hutchinson
Tim Scott
Doug Burgum

Question:
Who helped themselves, as far as raising campaign funds, or continuing their campaign?

Choices:
Ron DeSantis
Vivek Ramaswamy
Chris Christie
Mike Pence
Nikki Haley
AsaHutchinson
Tim Scott
Doug Burgum

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
JMHO...there's one flaw in your poll. I didn't watch the debate, thus selected 'No' as my first answer. However, I can't submit the poll because I didn't answer any of the other questions, because not having WATCHED the debate, I honestly don't have an answer to the other questions...

Perhaps the thread should be targeted for those that actually DID watch the debate??? Just spit-balling...please don't take offense.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
OR, the poll could/should be structured to add a selection to the other questions indicating:

None of the above have a chance in hell, so this analysis is a waste of time...I'm voting for TRUMP, even if I have to write him in! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
JMHO...there's one flaw in your poll. I didn't watch the debate, thus selected 'No' as my first answer. However, I can't submit the poll because I didn't answer any of the other questions, because not having WATCHED the debate, I honestly don't have an answer to the other questions...

Perhaps the thread should be targeted for those that actually DID watch the debate??? Just spit-balling...please don't take offense.

Didn’t realize that. Seems to be impossible for me to create a poll without a serious flaw, and that would qualify.

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing is clear, the establishment Republicans are completely disconnected from the will and sentiments of the voter base. Voters do not want business as usual in the swamp. Everyone has had a belly full of it at this point. Ramaswamy was the only one on the stage to pledge an end to Ukraine funding.

Trump was extremely wise to skip that shit show, because it was a total setup by the beltway class and their media lackeys at Fox.

Posts: 713 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just remove the 'No' response?? And maybe change the title to: "Republican Debate Poll...IF you watched it"

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't watch, but based my votes on the questions as to what I saw/heard the day of, or day before the debate.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Need another option of who won the debate. My answer is President Trump

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Yes, I watched. The American people lost, and the gated institutions won. I heard everything that was said on that stage for decades. Cut tax rates. Smaller government. Fix immigration. Cut spending. Tax rates are never cut more than 5 percent if at all. The last time the government got smaller was under Coolidge. The immigration system never changes. And, spending is never cut.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I watched and what I saw was 8 people who have no chance of winning the nomination let alone the Presidency.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I caught highlights this morning. The poll is impossible to answer because from what I saw some moved forward and some moved backward. Nobody won or lost per se. Vivek was the target of multiple people, which means he is probably doing something right. None of these people will be the nominee barring some miraculous unforeseen development.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I watched it for the purpose of who can be a contender to Trump, not necessarily win the nomination.

Chris Christie is definitely a loser and is not a serious candidate. Mike Pence did not do himself a favor and has no chance to be a contender. The two other governors have no chance. Tim Scott while being a nice guy earns a neutral from me at this point but I think he is in the top four with Desantis, Vivek, and Haile.

Of the four, it's going to be Desantis or Vivek. Desantis for his results in FL and VIvek for his ideas, some controversial they may be to conservatives.

Barring any derailment associated with the indictments, when Trump wins the nomination, Tim Scott may be the logical VP pick. Desantis and Haile are out of consideration and Vivek as an outsider brings nothing in terms of voters that Trump doesn't have already.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
I watched and what I saw was 8 people who have no chance of winning the nomination let alone the Presidency.

Rep. Mike Waltz from Florida says that the debate was "an audition for 2028", and I agree, Waltz adding "These are a lot of great leaders, conservative leaders, but they are running against Trump on the false premise that you can have all of Trump’s policies and agenda without him. I don’t believe you get everything he got done without a true disrupter in Washington”
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...s-audition-for-2028/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16695 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
QUOTE:[Chris Christie is definitely a loser and is not a serious candidate. Mike Pence did not do himself a favor and has no chance to be a contender. The two other governors have no chance. Tim Scott while being a nice guy earns a neutral from me at this point but I think he is in the top four with Desantis, Vivek, and Haile.]:QUOTE.

I only watched bits and pieces. I agree with above quote. Christie and Pence both disgraceful RINOs.

I think these GOP debates are for the vice president job. Trump will have the nomination.

Posts: 1558 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Yes, I watched. The American people lost, and the gated institutions won. I heard everything that was said on that stage for decades. Cut tax rates. Smaller government. Fix immigration. Cut spending. Tax rates are never cut more than 5 percent if at all. The last time the government got smaller was under Coolidge. The immigration system never changes. And, spending is never cut.

Which is why listening to debates is generally is a waste of time. They don't say anything you don't already know they will say. The debates are meaningless. The talking points are totally predictable. The debates could be scripted, they are so predictable. The other TV to which they are comparable is reality TV like the bachelor. The exact words are not written, but the arc of the story is pre-set. Plus most of what they say is aspirational, and is unlikely to actually happen. Or, even worse, they say what they think their probable voters want to hear, regardless of much else.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the whole thing and was pretty disappointed with all of it.

I thought the moderation and line of questioning was terrible, almost what you would expect from a network debate (e.g. NBC). There should have been more effort put in the questioning, more items for the candidates to differentiate themselves from Biden and each other.

On a positive note, I was able to see the true colors of people like Asa Hutchinson, Christie, Haley, and Pence (the fact that they all believe there was an "insurrection").

There was too much weird posturing and not enough content. I still think Desantis is the best of the debate group as he has actual credibility on the things he says. Vivek talks a good game but he seems like a wind sock too.

I think Trump was wise to avoid it.

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Rep. Mike Waltz from Florida says that the debate was "an audition for 2028", and I agree, Waltz adding "These are a lot of great leaders, conservative leaders...

I have no idea who this Waltz guy is. How can anyone with a straight face say such bullshit, unless you're just another establishment politician. "Great leaders" on that stage? Do you even know what "great" means? You have one novice plus 7 politicians ranging from scumbag traitors to pure RINO to so so "conservative". DeSantis is a very good governor fot FL, but as we have seen, on the national stage, is just another politician sticking his finger in the political wind.

Oh, and I didn't watch the circus.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I have no idea who this Waltz guy is. How can anyone with a straight face say such bullshit, unless you're just another establishment politician.

Waltz is a Florida Representative, taking over DeSantis' district in 2018. An ex-Green Beret, he is still a Colonel in the armed forces. He was one of the first in the Florida Congressional Delegation to formally endorse Trump over DeSantis, creating friction with his friend. He signed an amicus brief on behalf of Trump in the Texas lawsuit against Pennsylvania contesting their results in the 2020 election, also voting against the Jan 6th commission. The guy ain't a squish.

He was being diplomatic in describing the candidates, instead of calling them fucking assholes. His point was that they are all fake Trump wannabes, and that only the real Donald Trump is the only choice for 2024, and that the others are basically fighting for 2028 dominance.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16695 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
On a positive note, I was able to see the true colors of people like Asa Hutchinson, Christie, Haley, and Pence (the fact that they all believe there was an "insurrection").

Yep. I hope they are done. No more debates!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Me too...didn't watch and if you select that you're still required to answer the remaining questions as if you had. Roll Eyes

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post