SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Philadelphia gas station owner hires armed guards with long guns (video)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philadelphia gas station owner hires armed guards with long guns (video) Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
The fact that some disagree with this gas station owner's new safety measures doesn't surprise me, but I am surprised in the number of people who understand and agree with it.

@ 4 minute news report

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjQ3duaBKP0

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Good for him!

Also, are we calling PCC's AR15's? I'm not sure I agree with that definition, though surely that one guy commenting didn't know the difference. Neat to see a suppressed Tavor in there.

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Damn straight. More power to him.

The people who were saying that they feel like it's not appropriate, offer a real alternative solution or STFU. Your feelings not welcome here.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12758 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"Those guns belong on the battlefield".

They are on the battlefield, No. Philly.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3765 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$30.00 per hour times two guards times an 8 hour day is going to raise the price of that $1.99 Snickers bar too $3.29
Did the mag on that rifle look like a 9mm ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54700 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I bet it brings in more customers knowing they are possibly safer there than any other gas station in the area.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2575 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
$30.00 per hour times two guards times an 8 hour day is going to raise the price of that $1.99 Snickers bar too $3.29

You can't eat the $1.99 Snickers if you're dead.

quote:
Did the mag on that rifle look like a 9mm ?

P220 Smudge already addressed that here, in his post. Could be various PCC calibers, but most likely 9 mm.

quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Also, are we calling PCC's AR15's? I'm not sure I agree with that definition, though surely that one guy commenting didn't know the difference.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
"Thank you, sir. But I brought my own".

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Would this make you feel safe?

No, not unless it would make you actually safe.
Libs need to stop w/ the "feel safe" thing. Feeling safe gets you less than nothing.
Being safe vs. feeling safe should be the topic.

Posts: 7375 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Nobody deserves to have their home, property, place of business or similar destroyed, robbed or have employee's or patrons injured or murdered.
He is doing what he needs to do to prevent to above from happening. Hard to find fault in that based on the history there.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19242 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post