SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Quick flight through Salt Lake into Or.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick flight through Salt Lake into Or. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Going to make a quick flight through SL and then into Or. No baggage check. Slight carry on. That is it. Have a few hour lay over. Hoping it goes smoothly. Weather looks good. I know about masks.
I know there are pilot and staff shortages. Hoping not on this trip. I would prefer not to be dinghighed there. Anything else I need to come prepared for?
I will be driving my new to me Dodge back home. Wink

And yes I am familiar with Or.'s stupidity. But should not have to bothered with much of it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
My BIL lives outside SLC. The SLC airport is in the midst of substantial construction. My BIL has said that getting to the gates can be a hike. I would check on current status of construction to determine the appropriate amount of time to clear TSA and get to the gate.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 719 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The one time I was at the Salt Lake City airport changing planes it was the most packed with people I've ever seen.

Now the one interesting thing was the flight I got bumped up to was flying from Atlanta to SLC.... it had to stop in Atlanta for gas and a crew change.... had just come from South Africa...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
OP states he is flying through SLC, not originating there, so TSA shouldn't be an issue. When I fly through DFW, I can walk from any gate to any other gate with an hour's layover. (Except E Terminal - you can only get there by train.) A couple of hours layover should be fine unless the first flight is delayed.

Similar to Blue's experience, I've always found the Charlotte (CLT) airport crowded shoulder to shoulder, and they always seem to be doing some constructing inside the terminal somewhere or another.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3301 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve flown in and out of SLC in the last month or so. Since you’re not leaving the airport, you’ll be fine. Plenty of new construction and restaurants. Even with heavy traffic, plenty of space. I’d say the new terminal is comparable to Dallas Love.

Like others said, it’s a long walk from TSA to Terminal B. It took me 12 minutes from TSA to B17 using people movers.

P229

Posts: 3833 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post