SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Burglar tries to fire over his shoulder at homeowner, shoots partner in crime inhead
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burglar tries to fire over his shoulder at homeowner, shoots partner in crime inhead Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
quote:
Coroner IDs man fatally shot during burglary

SEE VIDEO AT LINK

UPDATE, 1:45 p.m.: Coroner Leon Jones has identified the man that the sheriff's office says was shot to death by a fellow burglar Monday morning.

He is James Robert Young, age 41.

Jones said he pronounced Young dead on the scene.

The second burglar is still unidentified.

Check back with 13WMAZ.com for updates on this story today.

-----------------------------------

The Bibb County sheriff says one burglar accidentally shot and killed a second this morning at an East Macon home.

Sheriff David Davis says it happened around 10 a.m. at 152 Bradstone Circle, off Millerfield Road.

He says the woman who lives there woke up to find two men in her house.

When she yelled, the men ran out, but one fired a shot over his shoulder at her. Instead, he hit the other burglar in the head.

The dead man has not been identified, and so far, there is no description of the shooter.

We'll update this story when more details are available at 13wmaz.com

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
This makes me smile

Posts: 22420 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love it when a plan comes together.

Felony Murder rule??

-----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16169 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Brilliant plan by surviving burglar to ensure that deceased burglar will not decide to sing like a canary later on. Well played, sir.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
2fer!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

Felony Murder rule??

-----------------------

Felony murder rule? Why? He's the one who actually shot him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Felony Murder rule??

-----------------------

Felony Murder vs. involuntary manslaughter / negligent homicide... ie a higher charge.

Not sure what the laws are in that state...

-------------------------------------

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Good shoot!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3794 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Happy Ending

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
They have to catch him, first....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
reminds me of this comedy bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kM7aXofMC4

Segura riffs on the TV show 'The First 48'. (starts about a minute in...)

Pretty funny.

=========================================

posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Felony Murder vs. involuntary manslaughter / negligent homicide... ie a higher charge.

Not sure what the laws are in that state...

-------------------------------------[/QUOTE]

Hell, IF caught they will just give him "Life", Why do we allow murders to live forever at Our Expense?

Posts: 468 | Registered: July 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
A fleeing felon poses a risk. People question why a fleeing suspect should/can be shot in the back. Here's why.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad he didn't follow up with the second shot under his chin.

Posts: 2018 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Felony Murder rule??

-----------------------

Felony murder is a rule of vicarious responsibility. All who participate in the crime resulting in a death are responsible for murder, whether they pulled the trigger or not.

If you are the triggerman, you are guilty of murder anyway, all assuming the other elements of murder are present.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
As a Russian coach I used to know would say, "practically best result what is possible".

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
candidate for a Darwin Award.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post