SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ahhhh Free at last, Free at last, Free at last!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ahhhh Free at last, Free at last, Free at last! Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted
Sorry if that phrase is copyrighted. Sorry MLK.

Last week I pulled a ligament in my ankle. I could put no weight at all on that foot. You don't know how dependent you are on both feet until you're forced to do without one. My wife ordered new batteries from Amazon and they delivered. So my oldest son showed up this afternoon to install them. Really he had to go to the garage, get the thing, bring it indoors and then do it. For the last week, I've been confined to my recliner, the bathroom, and then the bed.

So suddenly I've found freedom. The Go-Go is narrower than the stupid walker. It goes where I want, except up or down stairs. When I want a chocolate, I just buzz over to the kitchen. Drink of water the same deal. I feel like a 16 year old with his first car. Or at least a drivers license. Big Grin

It also means I can go to gun shows. Like this weekend, next, or even the one after. !

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I've been wondering how your son installed new batteries in your ankle.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Sorry, but I've been wondering how your son installed new batteries in your ankle.

flashguy

Yeah, I was lost there for a second myself.

I'm glad to hear you gained some freedom rburg. It's a start toward recovery.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Lost us there but zoom zoooooooooom to you!

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
What the heck is a go-go?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a medical device. Three wheeled motor scooter. Not to be confused with THIS:

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
So where do the batteries go?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bonnie had a new knee put in , on Fri. 13th,

I am about ready for a day off

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55173 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
I thought this would be about divorce. First thing that popped into my head.

Posts: 545 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I was so excited I didn't mention all the details. My mother handed down a go-go scooter, a little 3 wheel jobber that zooms around. It won't burn rubber, but doesn't need to. It lugs me where the walker can only dream of. I had my son measure and it wins in all dimensions. Plus speed. Smile My wife had taken to pushing me along. She was hitting door ways, furniture and the crap she dumps everywhere. If she doesn't park it too far away from my chair I can even get to it.

It jumps over doorways or transitions between tile and carpet. Sorry, its thrilling to be able to leave my chair and not be forced to watch stupid TV programs. And now I'll be able to visit gun shows again.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Our friend Charlie Sherrill once talked about his mother running someone over at WalMart with such a thing. Now you can do that.

Posts: 5679 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy
Me too.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post