SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Idaho Credit Union: you are forbidden to use your money for firearms, ammo, or other weapons.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho Credit Union: you are forbidden to use your money for firearms, ammo, or other weapons. Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
Idaho Credit Union: you are forbidden to use your money for firearms, ammo, or other weapons.

This is infuriating. Read the comments after you watch the video.

Link to video

Posts: 12002 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That is crazy! I'd close my account too.

And in Idaho???

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39324 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
1.What out of state commie cumguzzler wrote the terms of service?
2. Seems the same cumguzzler was not expecting the negative exposure to said unconstitutional terms of service.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21409 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I would cease to do business with them immediately and would tell them why.
My Credit Union never had a policy like that, but I always take out cash when heading to the gun store.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16650 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’d pull my 500.00 life savings out so fast it would leave skid marks in their vault. Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29919 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Since when does a bank tell a customer what it can spend their money on?

Posts: 53887 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
The fuck? It's bad enough about the weapons related clause but alimnony payments and sending money overseas???

Next thing you know, you can't use your money to buy high cholesterol food and gas guzzling vehicles.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20113 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I’d be gone real quick.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8410 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Since when does a bank tell a customer what it can spend their money on?
I would hazard to guess that every bank out there has some restrictions in its terms of service, mine does. BUT, most of the things I read in mine revolve around fraudulent or criminal acts.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6374 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Well, you're no longer allowed to use my money. AMF.

Q

Posts: 27695 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The part about payments made pursuant to a lawful court order has me more puzzled than for guns.

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
The TOS doesn't say you can't buy or use your money for those things. It says you can't use their E-branch service for them. You can still buy or make payments using a CC or debit card.

Posts: 4257 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
E-branch service

It's still a bullshit policy.

Wonder of one can use E-Branch service for "gender affirming mutilation" of their minor child?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44507 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Da Fuq is an 'E-Branch' service anyway?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9446 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Well, a good lesson for us all to read that fine print before agreeing! Somebody tried to slip that little policy in hoping nobody would read it. Hope that person or persons got reamed out for it. I would have taken my money out too, found a better cu to keep it in. Wonder if they lost any more members from this? At least they updated it after this fiasco.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Maybe the Credit Union didn't read their own Terms Of Service before posting it and just copied and pasted someone elses.

Posts: 1378 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Da Fuq is an 'E-Branch' service anyway?

Here’s a clue, but it’s not clear how I’d use a “e-branch service” to buy anything.

e-Branch:
“Bank on your own time, wherever you may be.
Available 24/7, e-Branch – our online/mobile banking platform – allows you to do just about everything you could at a branch from your computer, tablet or phone. And the best part? It’s totally free! You can access e-Branch through our website or download our ACU app to your phone”

https://ascentcu.com/e-branch/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9512 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Not a good read of the room by the bank policy writers.

Posts: 3265 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomV:
Maybe the Credit Union didn't read their own Terms Of Service before posting it and just copied and pasted someone elses.
Maybe.

True story:
We owned property in redevelopment area. Part of the deal there was new construction had to meet architectural guidelines. I actually read those, then called the county person in charge of the redevelopment area to ask where in the world he copied them from. Key West was the answer. See, 80% of what was written applied to the preservation of historic structures and there were none of those in the redevelopment area.

Almost nobody reads that stuff.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post