SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Top Gun- North Korean Style
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Gun- North Korean Style Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
That almost brought me to tears, I was laughing so hard.

Big Grin

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Very funny.
Good job editing it.
Smile

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
LOL. Those MiG 21's were pretty scary in the 90's against F14's, F15's, F16's and F18's.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7149 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Those MiGs are junk - just look at the crappy finish on the canopy frames.

Besides, the most important aspect of any air force is pilot quality/training (good training results in good pilots). IF the NorKs had good pilots/training, they might be able to somewhat mitigate their severe disadvantage in hardware due to their crappy hardware. However, their pilot quality isn't rumored to any good. They would be sitting ducks in any shooting war (against the US, Japan, South Korea, Russia, or even China).

Oh, and those commies sure love their big hats, don't they?. .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
What's up with the goofy Nork flightsuits with the big ass cosmonaut helmets?

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^

They are using 1960s technology.

And their air force is supposed to be their 'elite' branch, with their best people, equipment, and perks.

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
HA!

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Well done sir!

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Those MiGs are junk - just look at the crappy finish on the canopy frames.

Actually I was reading that the Romanians are still using the MiG-21, a build they came up with called the LanceR which sounds like it's still a pretty capable airplane. They are now slowly phasing in Lockheed Martin F-16's to replace them.

quote:

MiG-21 LanceR

Romanian Air Force MiG-21 UM LanceR-B
Upgraded version for the Romanian Air Force done by Elbit Systems of Israel and Aerostar SA of Romania. The LanceR-A version is optimized for ground attack being able to deliver precision guided munitions of eastern and western origin as well as R-60, R-73 and Python III air-to-air missiles. The LanceR-B version is the trainer version and the LanceR-C version is the air superiority version featuring 2 LCD MFDs, helmet mounted sight and the Elta EL/M-2032 Air combat radar.[2]

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Those Romanian MiGs were upgraded by the Israelis. The NorKs' aren't.

World of difference. Those upgraded MiGs flown by decent pilots can be dangerous. The ones flown today by the NorKs are significantly less so. . .