SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another lobster Mini season in the books. Pic heavy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another lobster Mini season in the books. Pic heavy Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing your adventure, that looks like a (tasty) blast!

Posts: 1731 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Envy!

6 per person? Can you eat that much? They look pretty large. Or do you freeze them or something?

We had surf and Turf Wednesday night and seafood pasta Thursday night and then freeze the rest and pull out as we want them. They actually do really well in the freezer. As for the number It is normally 12 per person in Florida during mini season except Monroe and Biscayne national park which is 6 per person. During open season it is 6 per person state wide. Mini season is set up to allow recreational people like my self get a shot at em before the commercial guys put out their traps.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1148 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
We had surf and Turf Wednesday night and seafood pasta Thursday night and then freeze the rest and pull out as we want them. They actually do really well in the freezer. As for the number It is normally 12 per person in Florida during mini season except Monroe and Biscayne national park which is 6 per person. During open season it is 6 per person state wide. Mini season is set up to allow recreational people like my self get a shot at em before the commercial guys put out their traps.

Cool. Thanks. Maybe this is a reason to take a trip to Fl someday. I'll put it on the list.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I use to live on Big Pine still have a house there.

We use to only be allowed to use a tickle stick and a net. What is the stick that you are using? I guess they have changed the rules.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

We use to only be allowed to use a tickle stick and a net. What is the stick that you are using? I guess they have changed the rules.

That's how we got them back when I used to go. I remember painting the nets green to keep the 'cudas from coming to check you out.

Posts: 2058 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing a slice of a fun time in life. Looks memorable, relaxing, fun and delicious!

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1358 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I use to live on Big Pine still have a house there.

Ah the green lobster looper is the shit. Yeah I grew up with the tickle stick and net, severel years ago I was introduced to this thing. basically there is braided steel loop that when you pull the handle on the other end it constricts around them. You put the loop around them from the tail and pull and it locks in place. Can't beat it. It's legal all the dive shops have them now.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1148 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 5821 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
looks like fun...I’d like to give that a try!
what’s up with the Boca fire/rescue hat? one of your crew on the job? just curious as i’m ready to retire in a couple years and the plan is moving to your north in the jupiter area

Posts: 3161 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute, you look nothing like deermeatfordinner...hahaha.

Looks like an awesome time and best way to spend time with family

Posts: 653 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Point of fact. That is lobster. That is NOT. Lobstahh. I spent the week eating Lobstahh. Lobstahh is a totally different and much tastier animal then lobster. That’s my story.........

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun and looks delicious.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20081 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All chaps, no jeans
Picture of Gascan
posted Hide Post
That looks incredibly fun, was it a zoo on the water like I’ve heard it gets for mini-season? Does the slipper lobster taste any different?

Posts: 143 | Location: Sunny St. Pete | Registered: March 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
what’s up with the Boca fire/rescue hat? one of your crew on the job? just curious as i’m ready to retire in a couple years and the plan is moving to your north in the jupiter area

The big fella and I are on the job. I got 21 years on, getting ready to go into the DROP in 2.5, and he has 17. Jupiter is a nice place and growing. I'd be happy there but the waters are totally different there which is what kept me down south Miami Dade, plus my wife has 26 years at a hospital down here too. Stay safe. Hray

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gascan:
That looks incredibly fun, was it a zoo on the water like I’ve heard it gets for mini-season? Does the slipper lobster taste any different?

From what I have observed the mini season Zoo hasn't been as big as it use to be in my particular area that I go. I think some of the Zoo has been going down to the keys. Good for me, good for the Key's economy. As for the slipper I think it's a little sweeter tasting than our spiny lobster. Hray

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Frog in boiling water
posted Hide Post
Really awesome ! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 435 | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hray:
quote:

The big fella and I are on the job. I got 21 years on, getting ready to go into the DROP in 2.5, and he has 17. Jupiter is a nice place and growing. I'd be happy there but the waters are totally different there which is what kept me down south Miami Dade, plus my wife has 26 years at a hospital down here too. Stay safe. Hray

I’ve been out the Jupiter inlet a few times and it’s....different....to put it mildly! lol I can imagine there are some very interesting boating incidents there....I may have to evaluate where I keep my boat when I make the move.
I’ve got 25 years on the job now...waiting for my youngest to graduate high school in three years then I’m out of this crappy State....stay safe Brothers!! see you on the water in a few years! Big Grin

Posts: 3161 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hray:
quote:

I’ve been out the Jupiter inlet a few times and it’s....different....to put it mildly! lol I can imagine there are some very interesting boating incidents there....I may have to evaluate where I keep my boat when I make the move.
I’ve got 25 years on the job now...waiting for my youngest to graduate high school in three years then I’m out of this crappy State....stay safe Brothers!! see you on the water in a few years! Big Grin

Yeah to pull a saying from one of Para's Post. That Inlet will "Rick Roll" you on an outgoing tide and heavy easterly winds. They can stack up real nice like! Back at you and stay safe. Hray

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP