SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Customer Service - Moen does it right - Samsung Sucks - Update
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Customer Service - Moen does it right - Samsung Sucks - Update Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
A case in two extremes of customer service/no-service from two very large companies, one that knows how to do it, one that doesn't.

Case A Moen

We completely redid the master bath about 8 to 10 years ago, and replaced all the fixtures with Moen since they had the look, price and lifetime warranty. His and Her sink faucets, garden tub faucet, Two way valve with handheld and overhead rainforest head.

Yesterday the wife calls me in and the front of the hand held had come off, water shooting across the shower.

Called Moen this morning they had my info on file as they previously replaced a valve for me, the hard water here is well, hard on things, address, phone, email, previous conversations, all brought up, validated for accuracy.

Gal was polite, there were not 50 questions, all I had to do was text a picture of the damaged part, there were no instructions on what I had to do to qualify for a replacement, 15 minutes later I have an email confirming a no cost replacement for the handheld AND they are sending a new hose for it.

CS Moen - A+

OTOH - Case B Samsung

65 Inch HDTV, less than a year old, it won't take commands from the remote, so we can't use any of the smart features to get to the Firestick, Prime, Netflix, Utoob etc. Basically all we can do it power it on, lucky it comes up to the default first connection which is DirecTV.

Over the past 90+ days they have sent two replacement remotes that do not work. Between mailing both remotes, they sent a tech that told them it (TV) won't work with the remote they are sending and advised a different one. They sent us another remote, the same model he said was wrong, they insist is correct, even though the tech worked with Samsung on the phone to get the proper remote code.

Each call with Samsung about the problem we have to go over everything from day one again, they have kept incomplete records of everything. Then they force us to go through the whole dance of trying to connect a remote that they worked with us to connect before, unplug tv, plug back in, press this do that, nothing works before they will move forward.

One tech asked me to use the remote, that doesn't work, to do a complete TV software update, again on a call about a remote, that doesn't work.

Between each call is 20 to 25 days of waiting for either the tech to be available, or the mailing of a remote, 20 to 25 days to mail a remote.....

Filed a warranty claim with Costco Concierge, they are now involved, we have to have techs out (we already have) replacement parts, we have...

Now they are sending another tech this Friday, if it's not fixed then it's going back in the front door of the local Costco..

So 90 days, two techs, two remotes, constantly having to rehash the problem with each call, contact I should say because getting someone on the phone is impossible, the best way is via online chat either on the phone or computer.

CS Samsung F-

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23574 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had similar customer service from both.

I have all Moen faucets and an IPhone now.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Get a TCL Roku TV, you'll love it

Have one for going on 3 years now with zero issues and the built in Roku interface is awesome. Everything is a tile; YouTube TV, PBS Kids, Peacock, etc

Posts: 33866 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
CS Samsung F-
A couple times, recently, I think discussing mobile devices?, members have praised Samsung's CS.

I withheld comment, because my last experiences with Samsung CS were dated: From back even before we switched to iThings. But, back then, Samsung CS was widely-known to suck.

Between my experiences with Samsung Android tablets, their CS, two Samsung appliances--both of which were disasters, and Samsung's execrable "privacy" policies: Samsung is pretty much at the bottom of our list for anything.
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

We've had Roku, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV streaming devices. Of them all I cared for the Roku device the least.

Personally, I do not recommend buying a smart TV for it's (streaming) application support. I recommend buying a TV for its display (and whatever other features are important to you), then using the stand-alone streaming device of your choice with it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
CS Samsung F-
A couple times, recently, I think discussing mobile devices?, members have praised Samsung's CS.

I'm neutral bordering on dissatisfied. I bought two identical Samsung TVs and Samsung sound bars. I've had to call within the first year because the sound from the HDMI cable kept disconnecting. and the sound bar would want to connect via bluetooth or wifi to the tv. I've had to do it with both TVs.

I had to call a second time and during the phone walk through, I said, "Now, there's a red light light in front of the main soundbar that wasn't there before and isn't showing on the other one." That wasn't a concern for the CS; she just wanted me to go through her script. The sound bar works but I'm reminded every time I turn on the tv and see that red light that isn't on any of my other Samsung sound bars.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19702 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
+1 for Moen - they've responded well each time (half a dozen or so) over that past 20 years. Mostly just regular maintenance (valves) but also for a replacement.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12752 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

We have one on the Lanai, it survives the swampy air that is CFL. I do like it's interface and it works very well with the apps on it as well as having ability to find tv stations to watch via the internet.

quote:
I had to call a second time and during the phone walk through, I said, "Now, there's a red light light in front of the main soundbar that wasn't there before and isn't showing on the other one." That wasn't a concern for the CS; she just wanted me to go through her script. The sound bar works but I'm reminded every time I turn on the tv and see that red light that isn't on any of my other Samsung sound bars.

Yep the exact same problem, you cannot deviate from the script or they can't move forward.. Frustrating as it's the same thing every time you call.

Posts: 23574 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Re Moën -- No experience with them here (yet).

Have a Delta kitchen sink faucet, and have had excellent interactions with Delta Customer Service.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30719 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
As a former plumber who bought Moen fixtures by the case... years ago... it is good to hear they have maintained their service level.

They supported their cheapest line just as well as their top tier products.

I once requested a replacement cartridge, and one as a spare, expecting to be billed for at least the one. They sent me 12... at no charge, no questions ask.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
CS Samsung F-

Samsung is a huge company with multiple separate divisions. The Household Electronics/Appliances division has been ranked low in CS and continuing to decline.

Mobile Electronics CS is rated better and is generally quite helpful.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3356 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I just got a new sprayer from Delta and I know people that have done the same from Kohler. I always tell people those two brands plus Moen and American Standard are the way to go.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16406 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Samsung appliance CS is a scam of epic proportions. My mom fought them for over a year on a French door refrigerator that wouldn’t seal and she had puddles of water in the floor every morning as a result. They finally offered a refund and she went with another brand.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
lol i still have a open box Panasonic plasma 40inh i got from circuit city its still going strong

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Off subject here but KR Strikeforce Bowling is great to deal with also. I received one of their bowling bags for Father’s Day this year. Strikeforce warranties at least the bag that I received for five years.

Last Wednesday the telescoping handle broke, wouldn’t retract. I called their customer service line on Thursday, left a v/m. Surprisingly I received a call back followed up with a email requesting a photo of the damaged part and of the bag. I sent that late Thursday/early Friday morning while they were closed. Received an email Friday that they were shipping a new bag as the handle was not available separately.

Saturday FedEx dropped a new bag off. That’s great service.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8133 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
same here with Moen. bought house new with all moen fixtures. a few times now i have called Moen for new vavles in all the tub and shower faucets. they just ask how many i need and in the mail they go. so far great CS.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
My 12 year old Samsung dumb TV is still working with no issues. I don't know what I'm going to do when it eventually dies.

Posts: 3390 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
8:45 PM last night, Moen emailed the shipping notice with tracking numbers and all the trimmings...

Samsung would still be twiddling their thumbs in the break room...

Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Similar experience with MOEM, with same results...Great company. Cheers

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post