SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Snowflakes? They’re today’s fascists!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snowflakes? They’re today’s fascists! Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“…When the snowflake generation seeks to silence an MP because they disagree with him, or prompt an art gallery to remove a painting because someone might be offended by the nude depiction of a woman, they believe they have right and morality on their side.

But theirs is a dangerous delusion. Because free speech – and the offence which can come with it – is the bedrock of freedom itself.

The snowflakes are becoming an avalanche. Barely a week now passes without a fresh demand that they be protected from some form of supposedly offensive behaviour in the name of morality and decency…”

www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/art...todays-fascists.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9112 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:...
The snowflakes are becoming an avalanche.

Fire up the the plows.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44024 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
How do these people have the energy to be so offended other people, especially people who themselves aren't offended. If I ran around trying to find things I think others should be offended by I'd be exhausted and wrong half the time.

What would these people do in life if they faced actual adversity of some type? By the way calling their mom is not a valid answer. Nor is starting a twitter campaign.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20917 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
It's ironic that these people offended by a little nudity in a classic painting would have been defending the display of Maplethorpe's photographs 30 years ago.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5696 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This is only possible because a large enough portion of the population has lost its respect for other's liberty. The tyranny of outrage based in political correctness has filled the void. Had we been able to forecast the course PC was to take, we could have prevented our captivity. The nature of Progressivism is to advance one benign step at a time into oppression. Anyone raising alarm is cast a lunatic. So here we are. Now that we know where the Left is taking us, we must fight or submit.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29778 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They would defend Maplethorpe today because his photographs depicted gay sexuality. That is not offensive to a snowflake. Depicting normal human sexuality? THAT is offensive.

Posts: 4769 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post