SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cops Killed the 'Good Guy with A Gun' during Mall Shooting, Dad Says
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cops Killed the 'Good Guy with A Gun' during Mall Shooting, Dad Says Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
Let me see if I'm following this correctly....

Deceased A -- nicknamed Lil' Glock - has FB page full of gang signs.

Deceased B - nickname unknown - has pics full of gang signs.

What's the common denominator here?

All a non-factor 'in the moment' when that information is unknown.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12352 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^
Li Glock aka EJ Bradford is the only deceased.

Wonder what the 18 year old who was shot initially has to say...

Posts: 12544 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
^^^

Snitches get ditches, so we may never know...

I’m more interested in whatever video footage there is shows.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15639 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
^^^

Thanks for that clarification.

I had no idea Bradford was 'Lil Glock'. Knowing that, I'm even less suspicious of why the Police shot him.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:

They were both at the mall?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
The way the police suddenly reversed course on this, it sounds like Li Glock was armed but his weapon hadn't been fired, could be wrong.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
The way the police suddenly reversed course on this, it sounds like Li Glock was armed but his weapon hadn't been fired, could be wrong.

From Hoover PD's FB page:
"We would like to answer some media questions concerning our earlier statements in reference to the shooting victim, Emantic Fitzgerald Bradford, Jr. of Hueytown. Earlier, we stated that Mr. Bradford “brandished” a gun. To clarify, the word “brandish” was used because Mr. Bradford had a gun in his hand as police officers responded to the active shooter situation between mall patrons"

Posts: 12544 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Emantic
That right there is enough of a reason to shoot the fucker.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15492 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:

Facebook

Posts: 15040 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
Emantic
That right there is enough of a reason to shoot the fucker.

Or at least his mother. Wink

Posts: 20136 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oops

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I was in conversation with a friend of mine, who happens to be a Black woman. Try as she might, she pretty much made these type of statements and I am sure would agree the this Ben Crum statement as well...
I do value her for showing me the perspective of the other sides view.
I'm sure we will learn more in the coming days/weeks.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8403 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's missed here is a city detective may not be known to responding uniform officers. Years ago our dispatchers tended to dispatch a detective to a holdup in progress. That was stopped when we realized there's so many uniform officers on city departments that wouldn't recognize one of their own.
Imagine several uniformed officers entering a bank when the detective arrived before they did...and a false alarm....and a detective is standing there with his pistol still in his hand. Dead detective!
On "hot calls" (shooting in progress) the adrenaline is pumping big time...the fast response through heavy traffic pumps it too.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Several "dozen" block traffic

See they decided to try the traffic blocking method in Hoover last night. All dozens of the protestors. Hopefully that will be the last of it, pretty far from an urban area ripe for easy burning and pillaging.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12458 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The state AG released a report, with video, saying the shooting by the officer was justified and no charges would be brought.

quote:
Report from the Alabama State Attorney General's Office regarding the shooting death of E. J. Bradford. The report contains surveillance video from Riverchase Galleria (Warning: Graphic), a letter from Attorney General Marshall to Hoover PD and SBI, and a letter from DA Danny Carr to Attorney General Marshall.

Link to reports and background:
https://ago.alabama.gov/Hoover...PPmGl2kvx3FhMa0I_DSs

Video:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post