SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am so sick and tired of seeing this jackass' commercials

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skalls:

Amen.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:

My local rock n roll station is running his ads all the freaking time, wish Trump would buy some air time too.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yet another reason why I think this guy's an idiot to rely as heavily on ads as he seems to be doing. Two and a half weeks of those freakin' ads is gonna leave an awful lot of irritated voters in several states.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I hear them every day and I'm still trying to make sense of them. About judging people by what they do, not what they say. Is he saying we shouldn't believe what he says?

Or is this a shot at Trump. Because I like what he does most of the time. Not so much what he says a lot of the time. Mike did you realize you're running a pro Trump ad? Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
His commercials are absolute crap. They literally make me laugh out loud before I leave the room.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
He’s like a little robot trying to be human. It’s adorable.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
So he picks Hillary as a running mate, he wins and she is a vice-president. He dies in office and she becomes the new president. What a horror movie. yeow

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
So he picks Hillary as a running mate, he wins and she is a vice-president. He dies in office and she becomes the new president. What a horror movie. yeow

I'll guess he hasn't picked her, but just suggested he might to gage reaction. He's probably looking to see how the polling reacts to that potential ticket, before he tells her she's poison and dumps her for somebody black.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
He's probably looking to see how the polling reacts to that potential ticket, before he tells her she's poison and dumps her for somebody black.

Aw, c'mon - she ain't in no-ways tiiired!

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This guy has lots and lots of crap in his closet that are going to be used against him, like this.

What a smug jackass this little man is:

quote:

Michael Bloomberg isn't making any friends in the agriculture industry, after video of the former NYC Mayor surfaced of him describing farmers as having simple jobs that don't require much intelligence, according to the Washington Times.

"I could teach anybody, even the people in this room" to be a farmer, said Bloomberg during a 2016 talk at Oxford University in a now-viral clip in which he called agriculture a "process"

"You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn, he added.

Bloomberg then described metalworkers similarly.

"You put the piece of metal in the lathe, you turn the crank in the direction of the arrow, and you can have a job," he continued.

Mr. Bloomberg then said working in the information economy is “fundamentally different, because it’s built around replacing people with technology and the skill sets that you have to learn are how to think and analyze. And that is a whole degree level different. You have to have a different skill set, you have to have a lot more gray matter,” he said.

Bloomberg Frames Farmers As Primitive Idiots In Demeaning Diatribe

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
He's probably looking to see how the polling reacts to that potential ticket, before he tells her she's poison and dumps her for somebody black.

He's sure pursuing the black vote here in the Metro Detroit market. He's running adverts about how he was all cozy with Obama.

Problem he's going to have with that is all Obama gave the "black community" was racial tension that didn't exist before he came along. Trump's given them jobs and self-respect.

The gimme my free stuff crowd and those who blame their personal inadequacies on racism will fall for Bloomberg's message. Smart blacks that know which side their bread's buttered on will just laugh at his blatant pandering.

Kwame Kilpatrick ran on "I'm black, like you." And it worked. Even when there was already more than enough to suggest he was corrupt before being elected to his second term. So I was more than a little surprised when Mike Duggan won his first term in Detroit. When he re-ran in 2017, one of his black opponents tried the Kwame Kilpatrick gambit. It didn't work and Duggan won again. Handily, IIRC. I guess Detroiters realized and appreciated Duggan was doing good things for Detroit and its residents, and that trumped the tired old "us vs. them" rhetoric.

Re: PASig's post. Jebus, Bloomberg says a lot of mind-numbingly clueless stuff. I'm a (retired) I.T. geek. I don't regard what I did as having any more value, nor requiring any greater skill, than that of people that work in the agricultural or metal fabrication industries. Then again: I have a faint idea of what their jobs are all about, and what goes into executing them successfully.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
If people are so primitive they can’t see how they are being manipulated then they deserve a tyrant.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Amen.

But you gotta like the TV commercial where it shows Obama looking down at MB as the 2 shake hands. Not sure how tall BHO is, but MB sure looks short and insignificant in comparison.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's sure pursuing the black vote here in the Metro Detroit market. He's running adverts about how he was all cozy with Obama.

Apparently he's decided that if he can't out-commie Bernie, then he'll have to out-patronize Biden. OTOH, if his pollsters/handlers are even vaguely competent (and that's a big "if"), then it's more evidence that Bernie's commie schtick only goes well in so many places.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...reatment-to-elderly/

Billionaire and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg once suggested denying cancer treatment to elderly Americans as a solution to overcrowding in hospitals.

In 2011, while sitting Shiva with a Jewish family, Bloomberg said elderly Americans who are “95-years-old” should be denied treatment if they “show up with prostate cancer” to a hospital in order to shore up resources.

“If you show up with prostate cancer and you’re 95 years old, we should say, ‘Go and enjoy … live a long life. There’s no cure, and we can’t do anything,'” Bloomberg said. “If you’re a young person, we should do something about it. Society’s not ready to do that yet.”

The comments came after a family member told Bloomberg how they had to wait in a New York City emergency room for 73 hours before their loved one died.

Bloomberg also suggested Obamacare was driving up healthcare costs for Americans and predicting at its current trajectory, the policy could bankrupt the country.

“It’s going to get worse with the health care bill and with the government’s cutbacks,” Bloomberg said. “All of these costs keep going up. Nobody wants to pay any more money, and at the rate we’re going, health care is going to bankrupt us.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

a number of DEMs have said the elderly should not get treatment to save costs, but the younger population should be given priority healthcare.

Rahm Emanuel's brother used to preach that:

"the complete lives system produces a priority curve on which individuals aged roughly 15 and 40 years get the most substantial chance, whereas the youngest and oldest people get chances that are attenuated"

as Ezekiel Emanuel points out, at the very age that you are most likely to need medical intervention, his “complete lives system,” will increasingly not provide it to you. The older you are the more likely you will die from not receiving medical care.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

but some young illegal alien would get medical care

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I am thinking his new nickname should be Cotton - as in Cotton Hill. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
But you gotta like the TV commercial where it shows Obama looking down at MB as the 2 shake hands. Not sure how tall BHO is, but MB sure looks short and insignificant in comparison.

Obama 6’ 1”
Bloomberg 5’ 8”

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Too bad with $52 bil in net worth that he can't invent a time machine and go back in time and reverse his policy of stop and frisk. Whether or not it prevented crime is arguable. Whether or not it violated the 4th amendment is arguable. Ultimately it will keep him from the Presidency. It doesn't hurt that there is a treasure trove of other bad moments caught on audio or video. When you are as arrogant as him you can't be on guard at all moments. Eventually you say or do something to reveal your true self and he has done it plenty. The apology tour will not change his history.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post