SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Red-shouldered Hawks, Born in my front yard
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red-shouldered Hawks, Born in my front yard Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted
Red-shouldered Hawks
http://identify.whatbird.com/o...shouldered_Hawk.aspx

Born in my front yard. They are getting big. Both parents have been coaxing them out of the nest. They are leery.
I think they will be soaring on their own soon.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24137 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Very neat and great pics.

As the storm clouds blew through last night I enjoyed watching 5 hawks soaring in the sky. Must have been riding thermals as they very rarely had to flap their wings.

Posts: 3731 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's supercool. You've got some great shots of them.

Posts: 3925 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm envious of you for the show you're getting in your front yard. Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 5764 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That's freaking awesome!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Amazing nature scene right in your yard.

What are they feeding on?

Keep us updated.

HK Ag

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Yes, that’s definitely a Kodak moment(s). Well done sir!

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
That's supercool. You've got some great shots of them.

I can't take credit for the pictures. A nice woman from down the street wanted to set up her tri-pod and an expensive looking camera in the front yard. I did not object. I only asked that she e-mail me a few pictures. She was there for an hour or two. She seems to know photography.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24137 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Amazing nature scene right in your yard.
What are they feeding on?

Basically whatever their parents see and swoop in on:

Breeding habitats include deciduous and mixed woodlands, typically near a body of water. This species swoops from a perch to catch prey, and typically eats amphibians, reptiles, small mammals, birds, insects, voles, mice and chipmunks. They may also occasionally feed on small birds in their natural habitat.

-rduckwor

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Beautiful birds. What a joy it must be to watch them grow, thanks for posting the pictures.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Nice! Thank you.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Too neato!!!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1178 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Great pictures, we have them all around us since we've got a natural preserve area across the road

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
That's very cool, great pictures!!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3401 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Pretty.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
My photographer returned...
Remember, these are the new chicks, not the adult birds. They are walking out on branches of the big oak tree but not yet flying on their own.

More shots:

-rduckwor

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Wow, those are some fantastic photos! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully you catch one of them in their first flight!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Super cool and great shots.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post