SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ferrari 296 GTB
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ferrari 296 GTB Login/Join 
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
this is intended to be the “rebirth” of the Dino.

But they used different parents. A Dino is a Dino which you can never replace.

Back in 1978, I drove a Fiat Dino in the Ortisei region of Italy. I actually liked it better because it was a wonderful "stealth" Fiat with all the Dino mechanics.

Probably the only Dino I could fit in now. Frown

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2275 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
I still think the ENZO is the most beautiful Ferrari I've ever seen!

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 564 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FLKev:
I still think the ENZO is the most beautiful Ferrari I've ever seen!

What shocked me, is how small the Enzo is. It seems bigger in photo/video, but is quite small in person.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice car, but to ME, a Ferrari will always have the engine behind the driver/passenger, not in front of it! My days racing Fiat X1/9's taught me a love for mid-engine cars, and a Ferrari must be mid-engined in my mind. Just my opinion of course...

Prefer the front engine layout, the long bonnet, then again I'm a product of the 60's and 70's.

250 TR
250 GT Lusso
500 Superfast
340 America
275 GTB
250 California Spyder -Bueller? Bueller?

330 GTC
365 GTB Daytona - who doesn't want to be Sonny Crocket with a Bren10 and a Daytona...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
IIRC Crockett’s car was a Corvette chassis and running gear with a Daytona kit installed.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1088 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sunburn:
IIRC Crockett’s car was a Corvette chassis and running gear with a Daytona kit installed.

Never watched the show but remember reading somewhere that you're correct. Then Ferrari found out about it and donated a real one that they could film with.

Posts: 800 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about a Dino with an F40 engine?

Ferrari Dino Monza 3.6 Evo:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/c...onza-3-6-evo-driven/

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen...This thread made me cry like a baby because I miss my big brother Al.

It was only recently I Google him. I put his name in double quotes and then added Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini.

Al was 20 years older than me and had a very discreet business called Al's Restorations in Mishawaka IN.

https://www.google.com/search?...en+Powell%22+ferrari

Al was a bachelor and lived at home with Ma and Pa and I when I was young. He taught me to shoot. Did you know big brothers will hit you harder than Dad will if you don't watch your muzzle? He commandeered me to help with many brake jobs starting when I was 11 or 12. My butt has probably been parked in more $$"s worth of cars than most people you'll run across.

I think it was the 250 GT LWB Berlinetta Scaglietti that my base ball rolled across after breaking the barn window. I rode in the Ferrari Royale. I remember the 4.9 Superfast.

I remember riding in GTC's and a 365 Daytona. John DeLamater, one of the founders of the FCA, was a frequent guest for supper. I gave his incredibly gorgeous daughter a hair raising ride on the back of my Bultaco.

Then there's all the other cars that came by the homestead. Lambo's, Iso Griffo, Maserati's, Lotus, Jag's, Cobras of the AC and Shelby variety, Porches, DeTomaso Mangusta and Pantera, that's just what I can name. And bikes too. And Al was real good at selling bikes, to me ...at a profit of course. Triumph's, Norton's, BSA's, a 76 MV Augusta 750 America. He also had a Vincent and an Ariel square 4.

Al was a hardware junky drawn to the exotic. guns, motorcycles and cars. His insistence, along with Dad's that I should get a haircut and learn a trade so I can get a 10,000$ a year job really stuck with me.

But even with all my skills and education, I'll never leave a mark on the world like Al did.

Al passed a few years ago, did what he loved until the day he died.

Miss u Big Brother. Something in my eyes again...

Posts: 389 | Registered: February 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thank you for sharing such an incredible story of love, passion of and for your brother.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
manual transmission

Ask yourself: if you can't get blown in a Ferrari, what in the world is the point...

You're not Ricky Bobby, life isn't a racetrack, and the autobahn is far away.

Blowjobs, however, are available everywhere, especially in automatic Ferraris.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
If you haven’t discovered there are some things better than sex yet … Get your ass behind the wheel and get going 160mph and make a right turn. Wink

Do it again in 2:15/lap after lap.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

~Robert A. Heinlein

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The 360 Modena with a manual remains my favorite Ferrari but this new Ferrari is GORGEOUS!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post