SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I ordered a CNC Router. Who's got cool project ideas?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I ordered a CNC Router. Who's got cool project ideas? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Is that something that can do 3D lake topography things? Like a model of a Great Lake on a table, covered in glass or picture? Google will show you what I mean.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Is that something that can do 3D lake topography things? Like a model of a Great Lake on a table, covered in glass or picture? Google will show you what I mean.

Yes it is.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4878 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
You might checkout Brian Law's wooden clocks I started one of those projects when consumer 3d printing hit the market. Too bad my printer didn't last long enough to finish it. Perhaps they weren't quite ready for prime time. I hadn't pursued it further.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Can it handle aluminum? Wink

https://www.80-lower.com/80-lo...rill-mill-vs-router/

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MaSigchist
posted Hide Post
Check out Fabber - https://www.getfabber.com/
Ingenious system for designing easy CNC router projects - some of the free projects are very cool too.

-Scott

-NRA Pistol Instructor
-NRA Shotgun Instructor
-NRA Range Safety Officer
-NRA Metallic cartridge & Shotgun Reloading Instructor
-MA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 917 | Location: Greenfield, MA USA | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Lots of videos on youtube to get you going. There's also several facebook groups. Also, you can get pre-drawn CAD files from Etsy to download and get your juices going.

Remember fingers don't grow back. Keep your clothing tucked and be safe.

Cheers~

Posts: 922 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Can it handle aluminum? Wink

https://www.80-lower.com/80-lo...rill-mill-vs-router/

Uh...actually...yes? I think I just have to keep the cutter lubricated?

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post