SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An American and thinking about Rubgy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An American and thinking about Rubgy Login/Join 
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Rugby is great. I enjoy it just as much as football. Cal's (UC Berkeley) team is a powerhouse in college rugby, and the coach, Jack Clark, is a great person and a legend.

I don't follow any pro or national teams, but if the Australian national team is playing and I get a chance to watch I'll pull for them.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I’m not into it, but my broski played rugby at West Point.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
"It takes leather balls to play Rugby."

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very much appreciate redstone's providing the instructional video on rugby.

We have watched rugby matches from time to time with interest, but little understanding. Prior to the video, it was our impression that the victors in a rugby match were the team with the most survivors.

We trudge on (enlightened).

Posts: 123 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Rugby or Aussie Football. I thoroughly enjoy AFL and there are several good channels on Utube.

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4842 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post