SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trans-Vehicle rider self-identifies as bicyclist, Sets Cycling World Speed Record ***SATIRE***
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trans-Vehicle rider self-identifies as bicyclist, Sets Cycling World Speed Record ***SATIRE*** Login/Join 
posted
***SATIRE***

NEW YORK, NY—In an inspiring story from the world of professional cycling, a motorcyclist who identifies as a bicyclist has crushed all the regular bicyclists, setting an unbelievable world record.

In a local qualifying race for the World Road Cycling League, the motorcyclist crushed the previous 100-mile record of 3 hours, 13 minutes with his amazing new score of well under an hour.

Professional motorcycle racer Judd E. Banner, the brave trans-vehicle rider, was allowed to race after he told league organizers he's always felt like a bicyclist in a motorcyclist's body.

"Look, my ride has handlebars, two wheels, and a seat," he told reporters as he accepted a trophy for his incredible time trial. "Just because I've got a little extra hardware, such as an 1170-cc flat-twin engine with 110 horsepower, doesn't mean I have any kind of inherent advantage here."

Banner also said he painted the word "HUFFY" on the side of his bike, ensuring he has no advantage over the bikes that came out of the factory as bicycles.

Some critics say he needs to cut off his motor in order to make the competition fairer, but he quickly called these people bigots, and they were immediately banned from professional cycle racing.
---
https://babylonbee.com/news/mo...world-cycling-record

Insert purple where necessary...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 1224 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Where I live we have a lot of bike lanes. Car traffic is also getting worse. So, we've got motorized 2 wheel things of all sizes in the bike lanes these days. Full on motorcycles use the bike lanes in heavy traffic.

I've been pissed about this, but now, I have a new level of understanding. I feel woke.

thanks for clearing this up for me.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11108 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I’d like to know what those assholes who use turn lanes to bypass traffic identify as.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18094 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I believe it's been requested that when linking sites like The Babylonbee and The Onion, that we include the notice of "Satire" in the subject title as some of their work can be hard to differentiate from today's reality.

Posts: 7490 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
E-bikes, electric bicycles, around here identify as pedestrians. 30mph on the sidewalks, don't slow down at cross walks, going against traffic in the bicycle lane, etc.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I was pretty certain this was satire from the title, but I wasn't 100% sure.

I moss the '80s, when we had a lot more common sense. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21928 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7293 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I’d like to know what those assholes who use turn lanes to bypass traffic identify as.

Bicycles, duh. Having the proper hardware is no longer a requirement, it's all about the how you feel!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3586 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The Babylon Bee is a pretty good satire site. Kind of like the "Jib Jab" of online media. Along with the article on the bicyclist, they have an article titled Cash-Strapped CNN Now Just Recycling Old Articles But Replacing 'Russian Collusion' With 'Ukrainian Scandal'. LOL!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

They self identify as Superior.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Was the Babylon Bee link at the bottom of the OP not a giveaway? Razz
quote:
by Hound Dog: I was pretty certain this was satire from the title, but I wasn't 100% sure.

That's what makes it so clever.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I probably should have linked my source from the get go. Wink Assuming it still stands.
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Guys, we need to mark satire as satire when we post it, please.

At the head of your post should appear 'satire' or 'from a satirical site'

If you search the forum for Babylon Bee, there are several instances of people taking it seriously. Big Grin
Heck, even the fools at Snopes did a fact check on one of their "news articles".
Good stuff.

Posts: 7490 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Future Headline:

GENDER FLUID Motorcyclist that identifies as a bicyclist wins men's cycling one week and women's the following week, setting world records in each event entered.

God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3094 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post