SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    John Mayall Passes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Mayall Passes Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted

Posts: 2036 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Oh dang,John Mayall put together some great bands.

John Mayall with Mick Taylor

John Mayall with Buddy

Posts: 1645 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16152 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

God love him.

"introduced" to JM with "Blues from Laurel Canyon" in the summer of '69...

Thank you John, for all the musicians you *introduced.

*The Muddy Waters/Buddy Guy of British Blues.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
My favorite.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39185 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn I hadn’t heard that name in I bet 30 years. Used to listen to a lot of blues while in high school

Posts: 469 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
John Mayall along with Alexis Korner had profound impacts on the music scene for decades.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16505 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
My favorite.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XCp8o3t-3v8?si=OHgIJ5ENmG-5GHtJ" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

And mine. "California" and "Room to Move". Saw him during that era third row center at Kiel Opera House in St. Louis. Quite a show.

Posts: 2706 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Sad news for the music world.

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
A huge loss and what a legacy. God speed brother.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
He was a great one, sorry to hear this.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9409 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
R.I.P., John. Turning Point is one of my favorite albums of all time.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3454 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I have been a fan for a long time.
90 is a good run and he was the definition of blues influencing many.
I always thing of Room to Move first, great song.
Rest On.

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post