SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New military handgun

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
New military handgun Login/Join 
Picture of bayouman
posted
Somebody needs to explain why the newly adopted military handgun, a Sig 320 in 9mm, is "far more lethal" than the current Beretta 92 in 9mm. Must be the writers perception.

Link below

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-a...n-far-151615261.html

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 728 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I can see his point, that since it's said to be easier to shoot (ergonomics), has night sights, integrated rail for accessories, and is newer (and therefore, theoretically, less likely to fail), it will cause soldiers to get more lead on target faster. . .

Still sounds stupid from a gun forum perspective, though, as it fires the EXACT SAME ROUND.

Posts: 21928 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Because when I buy a new gun it is always WAY BETTER for my “needs”. Wink

If I buy a few hundred thousand of them.....BY GOD THEY WILL BE WAAAAAAYYYYYYY THE HELL BETTER FOR MY NEEDS!!!! Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the writer would've thought if the military went with the 10mm.......

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
First time I've seen the phrase, "acoustic/flash suppressor".

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 2002 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Report This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Report This Post