SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stakeout in my neighborhood last week.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stakeout in my neighborhood last week. Login/Join 
posted
My neighbor across the street texted me, "that black SUV is parked in front of our house again"
I said yeah I see him, he's not hurting anything.
He was worried. I went up to the car, very dark tinted glass, window rolled down I see uniformed officer, I said your not Mason PD. He said I'm Homeland security. He said oh we're watching somebody on this other street. Yeah right. I finally said you and the white suv parked on the other end of the street have your engines idling
and the led lights around your headlights are on. You stick out like a sore thumb! I think I hurt his feelings. I know which house they were watching. none of my business.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And always when you are out of bananas,
Never fails

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55234 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
There was a stakeout near me a few years ago. The guy was in a marked car, but well off the street, and behind trees. I talked to him, and he didn't want to tell me anything at first, but he was on our condo association property. They had parked a "bait car" in a nearby lot because of a rash of car thefts. They were waiting to see if anyone took the bait. I wished them good luck. I can get behind that kind of police work.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53254 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I wish I would get people doing stakeouts. I have homeless sleeping in their cars

Posts: 7884 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Paul, I thought you quit smuggling Mexicans? Big Grin

Posts: 17704 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Paul, I thought you quit smuggling Mexicans? Big Grin

You know if you were a smart criminal you would never get caught. If I didn't change my ways 40 years ago, I would be a multimillionaire now. But alas, I drove trucks for a living.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Several years ago, I had an office in an office park that had 4 parking spots with shade and ~96 parking spots without shade. Three buildings were served by that one parking lot.

One day, a van with dark tinted windows pulls into one of the shaded spots and sits there idling all day. Same thing happens the next day. It looked like a stakeout, but on the 2nd day my coworkers and I realize there was also an undesirable 2nd option which was a perv watching the building with the day care. One of my coworkers called the PD's non-emergency number to report the van.

My office's window overlooked the parking lot so I saw the cruiser approach, the officer knock on the window, the van driver get out, the van driver repeatedly point at the 3rd building (ie not my office or the day care), and the the officer drove away. I surmise he convinced the officer it was a stakeout on the 3rd building.

Interestingly enough, there was no 3rd day of the stakeout.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23714 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post