SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mission BBQ Evansville Indiana
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mission BBQ Evansville Indiana Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
Over the weekend, my girlfriend took me on a surprise trip to Louisville for my birthday. Earlier, we had watched a couple of Netflix or Amazon specials with a comedian named Brad Williams. He’s a midget for you guys that may not know. He was absolutely hilarious. Another comedian named JB Ball was also doing stand up, and he was even funnier than Williams in my opinion. We had a good time in Louisville, stayed at an elegant room at the Gault House.

On the way back, we took I-64 to Evansville. We stopped at Mission BBQ at about 11:50 AM. The place was packed and we stood in line. We made our way to the front of the line and just about the time the dude behind the register acknowledged us, he said he couldn’t take our order because it was time for the National Anthem. Apparently at noon every day, they stop for the National Anthem.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, stopped eating, doing what they were doing, faced the flag and rendered honors. The place was packed. I didn’t know they did such a thing as a chain.

And to boot, the brisket was excellent.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
We have one here in our town. The walls are lined w/ LE and Fire Rescue framed photos and more.
It's been awhile so I should grab some grub from them again.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
There's one here, BBQ was good, the sauces were ok, good theme, big ol Army Truck parked out front, can't miss it..

Edited: Happy Birthday JJones

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think they have a restaurant in Pittsburgh. I went to that one. Good BBQ.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Apparently at noon every day, they stop for the National Anthem.

The Mission locations in my area do this as well. Mighty cool... and danged good brisket.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I've been to the one in Merrillville, Indiana many times! Always good! Always busy!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38600 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
Over the weekend, my girlfriend took me on a surprise trip to Louisville for my birthday...

Happy Birthday Jerry!!!

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Apparently at noon every day, they stop for the National Anthem.

The Mission locations in my area do this as well. Mighty cool... and danged good brisket.

Same here in VA

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
There's one here, in Troy, MI, it's quite moving, indeed.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us know. There’s one about 30 minutes from me that I pass regularly. I’ll be stopping in next time.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
There are folks who don’t know about Mission BBQ?

The location in downtown Annapolis hosts our local 2A activists during the legislative session - every Monday evening before they go up the block to the statehouse to heckle our dim-witted legislators. Very gun-friendly.

Sorry, guys. We would have told you long before. Also, best chain BBQ out there (or at least, out here.) Eat up!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a few within an hour to me in Northeast PA. Had them cater my son's high school grad party. Good food and great planning/set-up staff. Best thing is many of their items are gluten-free, and they minimize cross-contamination. This is a big deal for celiacs, like me and my kids.

P229R - 9mm
Kahr PM9

Posts: 57 | Location: Pocono Mountains, PA | Registered: April 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liked the one in Ft. Myers FL.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got one in Davenport Iowa last year.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have one next to my favorite gym in Richmond, VA.

There were many days I would push myself to stupidity then refuel next door on their brisket.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
They are originally from MD so we got one early on in the expansion.

For chain BBQ they can't be beaten. A little expensive but good.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
We have one up the road from me and I really enjoy their brisket sandwiches. I am very happy to have a Mission BBQ in my immediate vicinity. They are very supportive and respectful to Vets, Police, Fire Fighters, and all other emergency responders.

Definitely worth the time of BBQ fans.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
The one in Evansville is our go to BBQ place. My wife won't hardly eat BBQ anyplace else. No one is sitting when the anthem is playing. Glad you got to experience it.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I took the kids to the one near me for lunch today. We got there after noon so I didn’t catch the Anthem, but it was great to see so many uniformed officers there eating. The food was good, I had the brisket and the jalapeño/cheese sausage and the cheesy potatoes. But better than anything was the service. Everyone was very friendly, the guy behind the counter helped me carry the food to my table and when we got up to leave an employee was immediately there to take our trash. The service reminded me a lot of Chick-fil-a with courteous employees and plenty of them, unlike most fast food places that are understaffed and have assholes working there.

I’ll definitely be back, and thanks again for the recommendation.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Don't seem to be any near me in DFW. Pity.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post