SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Chrysler have a discount plan similar to Ford's X Plan?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Chrysler have a discount plan similar to Ford's X Plan? Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
I've been thinking about a Wrangler lately. I've had a few over the years. Ford has a discount series if plans. The lowest level, X plan can be obtained through employees or from organizations such as DAV (Disabled American Veterans) or Mustang Club of America. Is it possible to get the Chrysler Friends and Family plan through any organazation? Thanks!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They do. It is through Fiat Chrysler, though I don't know who all participates.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Look into the Chrysler "Affiliate" program, one way to access it is by joining Tread Lightly!. My brother and I both used this for our Wranglers. Donate $100.00 to Tread Lightly! and you get a FCA
membership, I think it's !% off dealer invoice, saved us quite a bit.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
Look into the Chrysler "Affiliate" program, one way to access it is by joining Tread Lightly!. My brother and I both used this for our Wranglers. Donate $100.00 to Tread Lightly! and you get a FCA

^^^^ this

For a $100 fee to join Tread Lightly you can get a certificate that will get you your FCA vehicle for 1% below dealer invoice. A good deal.

There are also several dealers nationwide that are really dealing. PM me and I’ll send you a link to those dealers.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I don't think getting anything near or around invoice pricing is a good deal anymore.

Invoice pricing is the new MSRP, in my opinion.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I am really interested in that Gladiator pickup coming out, but I think most dealers will attatch a 10k at least markup on it because they just are not happy enough that people want the product.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
I don't think getting anything near or around invoice pricing is a good deal anymore.

After holdback (3%) and any factory to dealer incentives, i would tend to agree. An informed, motivated, buyer can usually negotiate for several % below dealer invoice.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
quote:

After holdback (3%) and any factory to dealer incentives, i would tend to agree. An informed, motivated, buyer can usually negotiate for several % below dealer invoice.

What about for the vehicles which are more in demand (Hellcat, etc)?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:

Yup!! I've done this twice. Once for a 2012 Wrangler and once for a 2014 Ram 2500. I was able to order the exact vehicle I wanted and keep all rebates and incentives. IIRC I saved just over $5,000 with the Wrangler and $8,500 on the Ram. Best $100 I ever spent.

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 587 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
quote:

What about for the vehicles which are more in demand (Hellcat, etc)?

If a vehicle is on the lot, it needs to be sold. If the vehicle is so in demand that they can't keep it on the lot and have to order one, that's another story.

Telling you a vehicle is in demand is just another dealer trick. The dealer orders every vehicle in the quantities and configurations that they think will sell. If they could sell the hellcat today and have another buyer tomorrow, they'd have already sold it and would have another on order.

Vehicles that are truly in demand are sold out before they get to dealer stock.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Do you think the manufacturer just gives a vehicle to a dealer for free until they sell it??? Do you think a car dealer should hold, insure, and maintain millions of dollars in inventory and then sell the car to you for the same price it costs them?

After 30 days, it costs the dealer 1% a month in interest if they don't pay cash for it to the manufacturer or have sold it, that is what "hold back" is for. Also the cars have to be cleaned weekly, maintained, insured, electric etc. etc. This all costs money. I can tell you this after working at a few dealerships way back when, new car sales makes way less than 20% of all of the dealerships income.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Why negotiate against yourself by believing that the Dealership is entitled to your money, or needs to make a profit, or whatever.

Fact: a dealership will sell a car at a loss because they may still make money on holdbacks, volume bonuses, financing, parts and service.

Negotiate hard, walk away with nothing left in the table.

Even small Dealerships can be multi-million dollar operations. They aren't going to sweat losing a few hundred bucks on you if they are making money off less informed shoppers a dozen at a time, and if it improves their overall sales number.