SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A White Guy Who Can Joke About Race—Successfully
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A White Guy Who Can Joke About Race—Successfully Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Bill Burr

There are a couple more videos out there centered on Black/White and they’re hilarious too. In fact there are videos of black men and women watching them and laughing their asses off. If only…

Posts: 13299 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Hahahahahaha!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11301 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Good stuff.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4834 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, I’m tired of anything and everything that has to do with race. Funny or serious, I’m up to here with it.

I apologize TMats, it’s just me.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
His wife is black, which makes it hard to claim he is a hardcore racist.

- Bret

Posts: 2467 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sadlerbw:

- Bret

Yeah. He tells us that in the bit. Thanks, Bret Wink

Posts: 13299 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
recoatlift, I believe you’re missing the point. You are only fed up with everything racial because everybody IS so sensitive now. This routine is the very opposite of that in that it finds humor in race relations. It is funny.

Yesterday I was watching Sandford & Son. Redd Fox was making jokes about whites and blacks, and it was FUNNY! It’s nice to see that a contemporary comedian can have a bit in that spirit. This is a push back against the race baiters.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8221 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Having watched the video, I thinking it was less about race than, as a husband making the stupid mistake of not knowing to pour oneself a big cup of STFU and sit quietly. Not only that, he went into the whole luge comment and driving right on and compound a dumb mistake with a really stupid one. Those of us who may have seen something like that happen (not that *we* would ever make those mistakes. Big Grin) have trouble not laughing our asses off without even thinking about the race issues. I think it is part off the human condition to stupidly piss off the spouse occasionally, and seeing someone else take it to a whole new level of stupidity just has to make one laugh, race or color aside.

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by sadlerbw:

- Bret

Yeah. He tells us that in the bit. Thanks, Bret Wink

You caught me! I admit it: I didn’t watch the clip before I posted. I’ve watched that whole special, and I thought I knew which bit it was by the thumbnail…but I was wrong!

- Bret

Posts: 2467 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Bill Burr

Gary Owen was doing it way before Bill was.

Bill Burr’s Harlem set is hilarious.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I love Burr but letting the wife's sniffing and snorting put him on his heels is not the Bill Burr of old.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8357 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I reject that because I’m white, I’m incapable of understanding what is racist.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7962 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Search for Quinn Dale - he's hilarious.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2272 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post