SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Omega Seamaster Advice Needed
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Omega Seamaster Advice Needed Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Congratulations.
Did it come in the nice wood box or are they using something different now.
Oh pictures if you can please.

Thanks, I haven't figured out the mystery of posting photos yet, but am working on it.

As for the box, it's nicer than a lot of caskets I've seen. I don't know which to show off; the box or the watch. Coincidentally I just had surgery on my neck and am not supposed to lift anything over 5 pounds. The whole package is easily pushing that.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Got my first Omega this month...after lusting after them in 80s...then getting it really bad in 90s after James Bond wore one. LOL I bought a used one as I wanted the true automatic with 1120 movement. At first wanted the Bond series from 90s-00s. Then saw a 2254.50...black face, black bezel ring, bracelet like Speedmaster...and fell in love again. So I bought it.... Wearing my old tried and true Seiko 6309 now on a new bracelet but the Omega is special to me. Congrats again on retirement and your Omega.

Posts: 64 | Registered: July 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like this one?

Picked it up about 15 years ago.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
My Planet Ocean has been in NJ for service a couple months now. Miss it.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
My Planet Ocean has been in NJ for service a couple months now. Miss it.....

I had a planet ocean that went to service four times in the first year. I ended up wearing it a total of 18 days before Omega game me my money back. I still have a a few seamasters.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:

I had a planet ocean that went to service four times in the first year. I ended up wearing it a total of 18 days before Omega game me my money back. I still have a a few seamasters.

My experience the exact opposite. First time it's been out of my hands in 8-10 years, it was past due for regular service. Even that, it was still running a solid +2 sec. Best watch I've even owned from that standpoint.

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:

My experience the exact opposite. First time it's been out of my hands in 8-10 years, it was past due for regular service. Even that, it was still running a solid +2 sec. Best watch I've even owned from that standpoint.

Keep in mind, this has been the only bad apple. My other two have only been in for routine maintenance every 6-8 years.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
The PO arrived back from the spa last Thursday. Since then it has been +/- 0 so they did a decent job regulating. Yes, zero over 4 days. That's pretty remarkable honestly.

Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate to retire healthy after serving 32 years with the Chicago Fire Dept, I understand your desire to reward yourself an attractive Omega. I opted for the Omega Speedmaster for my retirement gift to myself. Every time when I slip that watch on my wrist it brings smile to my face. There is no doubt that Omega makes beautiful timepieces. No matter which one you decide to purchase, you earned it. It sounds to me you like the Planet Ocean. Congratulations, on your retirement wear it with pride.

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post