SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do we like for range bags?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we like for range bags? Login/Join 
Picture of Deplorable_Dixie
posted
The time has finally come for me to get my own range bag (been using the old man's).

What do you use/like? Pros & cons.

Thanks!

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I use a Maxpedition MPB. https://www.maxpedition.com/pr...pb-multi-purpose-bag

Fantastic quality, and plenty of room for everything you need. It's held up smashingly to about a decade of hard use.

The only downside is the price. I got mine on clearance for well under $100, but normal price is $170.

However, it looks like Maxpedition currently has them for Buy One Get One Free, so ~$85 each.

Posts: 33110 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I have the Midway USA competition range bag. It's well made and well thought out. It's large so when you load it out, it gets very heavy.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
I really like my range bag from Dillon. Somewhat pricey (watch for a sale), but mine has held up very well.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
If you are a backpack type have a look at the GPS gun bag backpack. They are pretty well thought out

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4373 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I have three of these. One is my get-home bag, one is my first-aid bag, & one I use as a range bag. They've been going strong for over five years now. I even got them on sale back then for ten bucks each.

Cheap & durable:

https://www.lapolicegear.com/tabaoutbag.html

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5545 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have this bag from Midway. I absolutely love it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I have the Midway USA competition range bag. It's well made and well thought out. It's large so when you load it out, it gets very heavy.

I've used one of the Midway USA bags for a number of years. I agree that they are well made. Durable material.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Midway. Only issue is the larger the bag the easier it is to load it too heavy to carry.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I’d recommend a Midway or Dillon range bag. Get one that has magazine pouches.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10544 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I have a GPS, a backpack one and it is pretty nice. Lots of room, very organized, and easy to lug around, even when loaded up. Check them out

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I like the Larue large bag. In fact, I have two.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11158 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat a Midway USA bag - probably the best bang for your buck.

However, I have a Tac-Force large range bag and it's awesome. Solidly built and lots of room.

Posts: 12550 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I’ve used one of these by CLC for years. Their products wear like iron. https://www.amazon.com/Custom-...ywords=Clc+range+bag

Along the same lines, I use: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hu...g-82003N11/203224309
It's big, but not crazy big. Lots of internal pockets for stuff like stapler, screw drivers, etc. Bonus points for not being able to load it so much that it is too heavy to carry, as well as it not screaming "Range Bag" if someone happens to see it in my car. Ive had it for close to 10 years, and it still looks as it did when I bought it. it was cheap.

Posts: 1029 | Location: CT | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I have been using a GPS large range bag for years. It is large enough to carry every thing my wife and I need to shoot IDPA matches. I usually have 4 guns 10 to 12 magazines 400 rounds of 9mm ammo and everything needed to shoot a match.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2639 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
My wife bought me a 511 bag on sale two years ago. Pretty good bag.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last range bag I will ever buy. Made in the USA. Just an outstanding product.

Brownells - Signature Deluxe Range Bag

Brownells - Signature Deluxe Range Bag - Video Overview

Posts: 89 | Location: North Texas | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for midwayusa. Very good, but easy to overload as mentioned.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2787 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the midway. it is easy to overload. so i put bigger lighter stuff in it and put ammo and heavier stuff in lapg BoBs and grab them from the car as needed.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
I've been quite happy with a WRB range bag

https://wrbsales.com/range-bags

I caught them on the last day of a local gun show and got a good deal on the Texas Pro Range bag.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post