SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Palm Springs, CA Cuts Down Racist Trees
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palm Springs, CA Cuts Down Racist Trees Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted
The great white Democrat fathers of Palm Springs have decided that trees planted along a golf course 60 years ago were put there with racist intent. Now the great white Democrat father is going to cut down the bad, bad trees to make amends to black Americans.

Personally, I would want the shade of the trees and the protection from errant golf balls, but I guess the great white Democrat father knows better and doesn't need to ask the lowly black people what they think.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Looks like they were removed in May of 2018.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The California derangement continues to new levels! These morons are so delusional and out of touch with reality it's shocking. God help the USA with this low IQ idiots!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I usually accept the forum synopsis of events like this, if not ignore them completely, but this time I did listen to most of the video. I recommend that anyone who is interested in the actual truth of all the reasons for why the trees were removed do the same.

I don’t support the countless examples of idiocy in this country today, but there was more to the move than because the trees were supposedly originally planted for “racist” reasons. If anything, the incident demonstrates why it’s a bad idea to include stupid or indefensible reasons in arguments when they can be justified for good reasons.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47720 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
BS story. It must have been a slow news day, so ratings must be propped up with something. Tucker was milking this story for all he could get.
I’m going to be Palm Springs in 10 days, I’ll see what I can find out for real.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I usually accept the forum synopsis of events like this, if not ignore them completely, but this time I did listen to most of the video. I recommend that anyone who is interested in the actual truth of all the reasons for why the trees were removed do the same.

I don’t support the countless examples of idiocy in this country today, but there was more to the move than because the trees were supposedly originally planted for “racist” reasons. If anything, the incident demonstrates why it’s a bad idea to include stupid or indefensible reasons in arguments when they can be justified for good reasons.

I think only one of the two guests was offering up other reasons, and I don't think the expert guest, the golf course designer, agreed with those reasons.

The bottom line, regardless of how they tried to dress it up, is that it appears that they didn't want to water the trees anymore, but they showed a huge level of paternalistic racism by simply announcing they were denuding people's backyards as a blow against racism, rather than simply asking the residents what they wanted.

They were Democrats being Democrats, and that is point of the post. I didn't think there was anything misleading in my post about that.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
BS story. It must have been a slow news day, so ratings must be propped up with something. Tucker was milking this story for all he could get.
I’m going to be Palm Springs in 10 days, I’ll see what I can find out for real.

Since it has been more than a year that the trees were removed, I would be interested to know if they were replaced with native trees or if the city simply left the area barren.

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Personally, I would want the shade of the trees and the protection from errant golf balls

So you think that your wants would outweigh the fire hazard that these trees present?

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14252 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Personally, I would want the shade of the trees and the protection from errant golf balls

So you think that your wants would outweigh the fire hazard that these trees present?

What special fire risk do they present?

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

kommiefornia in a nutshell...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
quote:

What special fire risk do they present?

Tamarisks trees are an invasive species of trees which displace native species and are especially suited to drawing out groundwater...so less green vegetation to resist fires.

When lighted, these trees burn hotter ...more likely to set nearby structure ablaze

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14252 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would be interested to know if they were replaced with native trees

Native trees would be far more politically correct...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15834 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post