SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New 2019 Limited Nightshade 4Runner 4WD
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 2019 Limited Nightshade 4Runner 4WD Login/Join 
posted
Well I went to the dealership this weekend with every intention of getting a good deal on a 2018 Limited 4Runner. Soon after we arrived I saw them unwrapping a new 2019 Limited Nightshade 4Runner with 4WD. We briefly looked at some other 2019/2018 options but came right back to this one. They gave me an incredible deal on my trade in (2007 4Runner sport 4WD), and I am happy with the purchase.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking ride. Congrats on your new truck.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
It’s a beauty, I like the wheels on it...

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty sweet!!! I really like the 2018/2019 front grille style.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4338 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
That's a beaut. Congrats.

Posts: 2019 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Nice! I picked up a 2018 Off Road Premium last week. It makes a nice companion to my FJ.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2390 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
congrats, nice rig and neighborhood. Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19245 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Nice truck, I like the chrome-less look.
A T4R would be high on my list if i were in the market for an SUV.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15379 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I really liked what the limited had to offer, but wasn’t a big fan of the bright chrome on the outside, or all the silver accents on the inside. The Nightshade has black chrome on the outside and it is all blacked out on the inside as well. Only thing I might do is put a slight tint on the front windows.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Very nice!! Envy.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12761 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Looks nice.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Get some black lugnuts!

Posts: 2939 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a great looking vehicle. Hard to beat the 4Runner.

Posts: 3601 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Nice looking 4Runner. I would love to upgrade but the 2004 is still running strong.

JC

Posts: 1273 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Awesome package. Enjoy it.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9698 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I tell you what, these 4Runner models are some of the best looking smaller SUVs out there without a doubt especially when folks start to build them.
I need someone with some suspension work to let me borrow theirs for a few days so I can get rid of the stigma that is engrained in me.

I had a 2012 and 2014 as company vehicles granted they were 2wd base models but they were awful to drive. Worst vehicles I have different outside of broke down jalopies. They handled terrible with body roll that was so pronounced found my self bracing even in the slightest turn. Driving in the mountains on gravel and dirt was about the least surefooted thing I have driven. The brakes were so weak and both models after multiple trips to the dealer would loose grip frequently at lights.
You’d be fully stopped at a light for awhile no change in pedal feel and the next thing you know you are rolling into the intersection. Had to swap vehicles with a coworker and forgot to tell him about is and he ended up in the rear bumper of the car in front of him. Low speed and no damage of course but an issue they never were able to remedy on either vehicle.
A buddy told me his wife wanted a 4Runner I told him of my issues and he bought a 4wd Limited anyway. They sold it in less than a year with the same complaints I had.
Had me so tainted my wife wanted a Highlander and I pretty much said no way not even looking at them. Ended up looking at them and the wife’s Highlander has been great.
I know that my experience is certainly the minority as I see 4Runners everywhere (with very few base 2wd models) so certainly everyone’s experience is not like mine.
Guess I need to get some wheel time with a different one to brake my stigma.
Also wish they would put the V8 in the 4Runner again.

Congrats on the new ride.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25449 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. The 4Runner is one of THE best SUVs in existence. My parents 03 is going strong with almost 300,000 miles and zero issues. It’s just incredible how well Toyota made these things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved my 2006 4 Runner Sport, best vehicle I ever had but they lost me, when they made it bigger. Never understood why they decided to enlarge it, when they already had the Sequoia. I still regret trading mine at 234,000 miles. It still looked new.
Currently driving an Outback. It's sort of like a 4 Runner but with better mileage.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Beautiful vehicle. Congrats!

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Good night is that pretty!

Love the value they hold, traded my 2008 for a great deal on our 2014. At some point the 2014 will be traded towards a 202?.

Thanks for posting.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12350 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post