SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling ATT/DirectTV to cancel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling ATT/DirectTV to cancel Login/Join 
Picture of Shaql
posted
I was absolutely dreading doing this today. I didn't want to spend 2 hours on the phone with them arguing about it.

Called in and was on hold for about 5 minutes. Asked to cancel and he asked why. Told him it was too expensive. He understood and asked if I wanted to talk to the VIP people to get the cost down. I declined.

2 minutes later I was off the phone and DTV was cancelled! WOW!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but you’ll hear from their telemarketers every other week for the next 5 years!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I will be canceling DTV in a few days or next week. I had to cancel Century Link DSL a few months ago. Every time they asked why, I told them it was none of their business. Fuck off, close my account. I don't need to give you a reason.

Posts: 5768 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I canceled a few weeks ago and as a preemptive strike I gave that a backstory that I was going to moving into corporate house with cable service included which eliminated any ground they had to beg or argue with me

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i have had them for many years. I kind of feel like they have been pretty good to deal with.
I still have the older receivers. No hd, digital recorders etc. I want to get a tripod with dish so I can take them to another location when desired. Have not done that yet. Need to.
tempted to unload verizon for Att too?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19227 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand canceling Direct tv but the other half wants it or something beter.Did you cancel for a beter service or just got feed up with them? Thanks

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
I understand canceling Direct tv but the other half wants it or something beter.Did you cancel for a beter service or just got feed up with them? Thanks

I personally went back to Cox for everything...I was having picture issues and DTV would lot gove me new boxes unless I signed a 2 year contract where as Cox seems to be finally "getting it" and offers a contract free version

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:

I'm deciding between DTVNow($55/mo) and PlaystationVue($50/mo). Our cable option is Charter which, to be honest, I haven't looked into.

ETA: Just checked Charter/Spectrum - The additional fees are egregious and it is not an option.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may want to look into YouTube TV. I was an early subscriber and for the $, I'll never leave. Your account can be installed on 6 devises and you can use 3 of them at a time.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
I canceled a few weeks ago and as a preemptive strike I gave that a backstory that I was going to moving into corporate house with cable service included which eliminated any ground they had to beg or argue with me

I called Sirrus / XM months ago to cancel a subscription. They asked why and I told them that I had had two cars, but I got rid of one of the cars and now only had one car for which I needed a subscription. And this was not a lie, it was the truth. I spent 20-30 minutes on the phone with her, explaining over and over again why I could not take advantage of her better offer, because I no longer owned the freaking car.

Posts: 2313 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Wow! All the channels we need (BTN!!!) @$40/mo. Sweet!

Thanks!

Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
I called and asked for the retention dept. I told the rep that I needed to know how many of my receivers I need to return, since we have decided to cancel.

He asked if he would lower the monthly bill to $84 which would also include Showtime. With the coming increase in DTV, that brings the bill down to about half.

We have 5 receivers, 3 have DVRs, 1 is HD only, and 1 is an old standard receiver with whole home service. We've been a customer since 1997 which no doubt was a factor in their agreement

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Wow! All the channels we need (BTN!!!) @$40/mo. Sweet!

Thanks!

Let me know if you want a referral.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I dont need one but if it saves you some coin, email me