SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Building a temporary dance floor for a party, which wood should I use? (Update / pics on page 2)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Building a temporary dance floor for a party, which wood should I use? (Update / pics on page 2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You might want to price wood before even thinking about going that direction. The price of any wood right now is through the roof and your $100 dollars will not do much of anything.

Posts: 4010 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of the finished product.

I bought the least expensive laminate at Home Depot for $.49 per sq ft. I laid out the floor, about 12' x 13'. Then I built a 1"x2" border all around. Then I zip tied rope lights to the border. And to help the mood, I strung LED lights above head from the house to a 2"x4" fixture I built further down the driveway.

My daughter and her friends danced non-stop for 3+ hours. It was well worth the investment.

Posts: 2361 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Great job, dad!!!

Posts: 5821 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
Here is a picture of the finished product.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Looks like you did a good job. Now it is time to start planning the "Sweet 16 Birthday Extravagana". .................. drill sgt.

I bought the least expensive laminate at Home Depot for $.49 per sq ft. I laid out the floor, about 12' x 13'. Then I built a 1"x2" border all around. Then I zip tied rope lights to the border. And to help the mood, I strung LED lights above head from the house to a 2"x4" fixture I built further down the driveway.

My daughter and her friends danced non-stop for 3+ hours. It was well worth the investment.

Posts: 2089 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post