SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Haiti's Interim Leader Is Asking For U.S. Troops To Help With Security
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Haiti's Interim Leader Is Asking For U.S. Troops To Help With Security Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
Sounds like a job for the UN.

I was thinking the same thing. This is what the United Nations are suppose to do, right?
I mean if not for them(UN)doing this why have them?
I know the United States foots most of the bill for the UN so we would be involved some how, however we would not be sending our own troops, correct?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2572 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
The Dominican Republic has the fastest growing economy in the Western Hemisphere. They could help but old hate and rivalries will probably preclude it. They are asking for UN help, let the UN step up. But the last I read there had been more than 30 coups in Haiti, so it will likely remain a banana republic shithole.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post