SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    4 Americans kidnapped in Mexico - Matamoros area
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4 Americans kidnapped in Mexico - Matamoros area Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I may be wrong, but I thought that most of the rental car companies, if not all of them, did not allow you to take the car across international borders. That would be in the rental contract you sign.

If they're going to Mexico for a tummy tuck, do you think they're really going to read the contract line by line?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Ever been to a ghetto, public housing, trailer park or, had friends who lived in & amongst poor areas....logic goes out the window in those parts.' - Corsair

Yes, patrolled it on the job in Los Angeles. Logic in the ghetto? I'm not even going to get into that but, as I mentioned, if you're driving a rented minivan from SC to Mexico for a Tummy Tuck with three dudes, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
'Ever been to a ghetto, public housing, trailer park or, had friends who lived in & amongst poor areas....logic goes out the window in those parts.' - Corsair

Yes, patrolled it on the job in Los Angeles. Logic in the ghetto? I'm not even going to get into that but, as I mentioned, if you're driving a rented minivan from SC to Mexico for a Tummy Tuck with three dudes, then I have a bridge to sell you.

I don't think there's any ulterior motive, we're just seeing a group of not-so-bright bunch of folks who didn't think this one through. One of the men had expressed reservations prior about going to Matamoros precisely because of cartel activity....but, went anyways. Clearly wasn't able to convince the others of his caution so, tossed caution to the wind and had an adventure.

Your suspicions may be right, maybe there was something else. Maybe they were giving the stink-eye to somebody or, mad-dogging another driver and that's what set things into motion. A low-level cartel member tried to run up on them and they acted like they were back home instead of acting like tourists, who knows.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I may be wrong, but I thought that most of the rental car companies, if not all of them, did not allow you to take the car across international borders. That would be in the rental contract you sign.
If (big if) you are renting a car in North Carolina, driving across the border to Mexico probably isn't in the front bold print on the rental car agreement.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ngthy-rap-sheet.html

Four U.S. citizens who were kidnapped in Mexico by the notorious criminal and drug syndicate Gulf Cartel have lengthy criminal rap sheets.

Latavia McGee, Eric Williams, Zindell Brown and Shaeed Woodard traveled to the U.S.-Mexico border town Matamoros on Friday when they were caught in crossfire and abducted. Brown and Woodard didn't survive.

DailyMail.com can reveal that Williams was previously busted for 'distributing crack near a school,' while McGee has been slapped with 'unlawful conduct towards a child,' when her daughter tested positive for amphetamines.

Woodard was charged with the 'manufacturing and possession' of drugs and pleaded guilty, while Brown was also charged for 'possession of marijuana or hashish.'

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
And there is the rest of the story. The only "tummy tuck" they were down there for was balloons of heroin or fentanyl swallowed or shoved up their asses. Bet they contacted someone to buy dope and that is how the Cartel was tipped off.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ngthy-rap-sheet.html

Four U.S. citizens who were kidnapped in Mexico by the notorious criminal and drug syndicate Gulf Cartel have lengthy criminal rap sheets.

Latavia McGee, Eric Williams, Zindell Brown and Shaeed Woodard traveled to the U.S.-Mexico border town Matamoros on Friday when they were caught in crossfire and abducted. Brown and Woodard didn't survive.

DailyMail.com can reveal that Williams was previously busted for 'distributing crack near a school,' while McGee has been slapped with 'unlawful conduct towards a child,' when her daughter tested positive for amphetamines.

Woodard was charged with the 'manufacturing and possession' of drugs and pleaded guilty, while Brown was also charged for 'possession of marijuana or hashish.'

I'm shocked I say.... shocked.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Matamoros is synonymous with hell, because it brings back memory of news of religious cult with ritualistic killings/human sacrifices in the Spring of 1989. American student Mark Kilroy was on spring break and was kidnapped, tortured and subsequently murdered (decapitated). They found many more bodies of men that were killed by this cult.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
[quote]medical procedure’?[/quoTE
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cosmetic procedure I am told.

In the first interview I saw. The mama said her daughter was going for a Brazilian butt lift.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:

If they're going to Mexico for a tummy tuck, do you think they're really going to read the contract line by line?

Exactly. OKCGene is thinking like an intelligent rule-follower, not like the average Joe.

And it's not like Hertz/Avis/Enterprise/etc. has the ability to physically stop people from taking rental cars across the border.

The rental agreement also says you can't violate traffic laws, or smoke weed in it, or drive drunk, or have animals inside, or swap the newer tires on the rental car with the older tires on the matching car you own, but some text on a piece of paper doesn't stop people from doing that kind of stuff all the time too.

It just gives the rental company a means to potentially charge a fee, deny insurance coverage, or sue if their contract terms are violated and bad things happen as a result.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fact that they have a lengthy criminal past merely indicates they have poor reasoning and judgement. Show me the evidence of drug smuggling. As of now you are merely speculating.
Did the autopsy reveals bags of heroin in their body cavities?

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“So let’s speculate, a word that sounds like an activity that should be—and once was—done in private.”
— Opinion piece, The Wall Street Journal

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fact that they have a lengthy criminal past merely indicates they have poor reasoning and judgement. Show me the evidence of drug smuggling. As of now you are merely speculating.
Did the autopsy reveals bags of heroin in their body cavities?

Yep, I am. There will be no dope on the bodies because either they hadn't bought any yet or the Cartel/Mexican cops took it.

Circumstantial evidence:

1. They traveled there for either a butt lift or tummy tuck, the family members don't know which.
2. Instead of flying (where you have to risk going through airports with large sums of cash or drugs) they drove all the way down there....in a rental van.
3. Extensive arrest history for drugs and drug trafficking, which means they are dumb enough to get caught over and over again. Someone in their group/dope gang had the smart idea of eliminating the middle man, along with the cost of transportation aka smuggling, and trying to buy at the source which is usually much cheaper, thus increasing profits

If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and swims like a duck, odds are it is a duck. So maybe you can show me their doctor's appointment? How about the name of the clinic, the clinic address, or doctor's name?

The whole thing sounds like an episode of Justified where Boyd and company went to Mexico to pick up a load of heroin and smuggle it back themselves, with almost the same results as this situation.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All cicrumstantial. More evidence would be needed to bring charges in court of law. Will see if more comes out. I believe the name of a physician was noted.

I have never seen Justified. More of a Perry Mason guy.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
More evidence would be needed to bring charges in court of law.
This is not a court of law, thank God. This is the court of public opinion.

Girlie says she was down there for a tummy tuck. Mommy says her girl was down there for a "butt lift" Roll Eyes

Ask the police what they think when two parties give different answers to the same question.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I will admit that they are not credible. I will bet that they are not Mensa members and may not have steady employment.{Just guessing of course}.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
and may not have steady employment

Depends on how you define employment... "Home-based pharmaceutical sales entrepreneur" may not be a federally recognized job category for census or tax purposes, but I hear you can make decent money (in the short term, at least).

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems a little fishy.

https://news.yahoo.com/wife-am...exico-153457712.html

"The wife of one of the four Americans shot at and kidnapped by gunmen in Northern Mexico in a deadly encounter after the group crossed the border said she had no clue that her husband was headed into the country.

Michelle Williams, the wife of Eric Williams, told WBTW in an interview published Tuesday that she knew only that her husband was helping out two friends.

"I didn't know that he was traveling to Mexico. I just knew he was going somewhere to help two friends," the wife told the news outlet."...

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ She's fan of Hogan's Heroes.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post