SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Android phone system folders management help needed.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Android phone system folders management help needed. Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
My wife's phone has only 16GB capacity. I added an equal size memory card but the phone keeps running out of space (she's all business and no fun).

Already moved the music folder to the memory but would like to be able to move some other folders to the card and have the apps use them as default location for those type files.

She receives a bunch of photos of documents, bills, etc. She's a CPA.

We are in Argentina, upgrading to another phone not an option. Must do with wjat we have.

Thanks.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12111 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A free android app called DiskUsage is good at showing the largest folders. One can then pick the apps taking the most space and move them to the memory card.

Posts: 2368 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

She uses mainly Whatsapp and Mail with the resulting piling of photos and pdeffed documents.

How do you move and app with all it´s contents while keeping it in working conditions??

0-0

Posts: 12111 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To move an app to a memory card, open Settings and tap on 'Apps'. Now scroll to an app you wish to move and tap on it, then tap Storage. Tap Change if it's there, then pick 'sd card' instead of 'phone memory' and then tap on 'Move'. If you don't see the Change button, that app cannot be moved to the card.

Some apps like podcast or audio book players have settings in the specific app settings letting you specify the card for storage instead of memory, so that can help out as well.

Posts: 2368 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
That's what i'm talking about. Thank you very much!
The phone is 99% business and besides WA it has maybe a remote printing app, netflix that's about it. Hardly ever looks at FB.

Thank you once again. With your advise in mind, i'll check what can be moved to the card.

0-0

posted Hide Post
If your phone allows it have you considered making your sd card part of the internal memory instead of seperate memory? https://www.androidpit.com/how...-as-internal-storage

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
To move an app to a memory card, open Settings and tap on 'Apps'. Now scroll to an app you wish to move and tap on it, then tap Storage. Tap Change if it's there, then pick 'sd card' instead of 'phone memory' and then tap on 'Move'. If you don't see the Change button, that app cannot be moved to the card.

Some apps like podcast or audio book players have settings in the specific app settings letting you specify the card for storage instead of memory, so that can help out as well.

Thanks bryan11 for your post. I've already moved a couple of my apps to my SD card.

Thanks to 0-0 for starting this thread.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post