SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    She followed me home, not sure if I’ll keep her....car
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

She followed me home, not sure if I’ll keep her....car Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
My father-in-law would love that car.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phydough:
How many hay bales can she carry?

I can drag plenty of hay around with this torque monster

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Nice. I have yet to meet a corvette that I have not liked.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
How do you know if it’s a her?

Bob

Everything that has ...beauty,, grace,, and/or speed is referred to in the feminine.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
Sweet ride, white is really nice but a red velvet would be classy.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
You've earned it!

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Very nice, classic color scheme . I'm on my 5th one so far. I say keep it.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I don't get the attraction to them, the old ones like 66 in that area are cool but just don't see it in that model. I do love that pretty ford truck though.

Posts: 5589 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I don't get the attraction to them, the old ones like 66 in that area are cool but just don't see it in that model. I do love that pretty ford truck though.

Against a backdrop of K-cars and other 3 box sedans available at the time, the C4 is cool. Wide low profile tires in a time when most cars had 70 series + tires on 14" or 15" wheels, the C4 is cool. It's still cool, particularly as a convertible.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Congrats on the C3, the L98 is a good running engine, it can be bumped up easily like all 5.7 Chevy small blocks

The tires on the wheels appear to be mounted correctly, but backwards, you can't swap them without remounting the tires on the rim properly for the direction you want them to roll, they are directional tires

FYI, it is a C4. And, the wheels are aka "Salad Shooters"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
What a sweet ride, MONSTER.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The coves are the wrong year (behind the front wheels and front of the door) they are from a 1994-1996 C4. But car looks to be in a nice shape. I dealt with a 1991 that had the heads ported, a cam added, and intake extrude honed and the usual bolt ons and it ran 11.80's in the 1/4 mile with nothing done to the bottom end.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
The coves are the wrong year (behind the front wheels and front of the door) they are from a 1994-1996 C4. But car looks to be in a nice shape. I dealt with a 1991 that had the heads ported, a cam added, and intake extrude honed and the usual bolt ons and it ran 11.80's in the 1/4 mile with nothing done to the bottom end.

Thanks, I was a mid 60's to 1981 expert, but then I got away from it. Lots to learn.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:

I can't be the only one who thought 'Cool! I could use an International 8300 straight truck. That looks like fun!'

Then I looked down a bit more...

So, being a white on white with a red interior, are there any hints of it being a commemorative/limited edition? Don't know if there would be any surprises on the build sheet or body tag, but I wouldn't bet against it with this one.

Lucky for you, it looks like everything that is supposed to be there is still there. No cold air junk tacked off to one side or some chrome BS... (I bought a Dodge truck a month ago and someone put a $400 cold air kit on it. Been looking for the OEM parts ever since. They also added chrome crap all over it. I just don't understand why anyone would use their own money to buy a chrome gas door. Confused) Yup, looks like you got an instant classic.

So how soon before you find the hardtop? (I think I remember seeing a few back in the day.) Wink

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Looks great. Certainly hope you decided to keep it.

Not sure where you’re at in Colorado, but maybe we can hook up for a cruise sometime, we’re not that far away (and we’ve got kind of a fun car to drive as well). Haven’t seen a post from Tom (LBJ) in awhile about his Shelby, but a Corvette, a Shelby, and a P-car touring together ought to get the neighbors talking.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
In my lifetime, I have owned 8 corvettes. every single one has had expensive and difficult electrical problems to solve.

I am done with corvettes.

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Have fun!

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post