SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Midway USA free shipping over $99.99 may be gone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midway USA free shipping over $99.99 may be gone Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted
I have used this feature regularly, but yesterday I filled my cart to that level and shipping was still added. I chatted with someone and asked if that policy or threshold wasn't available anymore. They just told me the items didn't qualify for free shipping but weren't aware of any changed policy, but did say they couldn't find a search feature that allowed searching for free shipping items.

It appears that maybe the policy hasn't changed, but that only sporadic items qualify for free shipping now. If true, that really ends free shipping over $99.99. In the past rarely would an item not qualify, such as some in demand reloading items such as 5.56 brass.

Posts: 7650 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
They never had any ongoing free shipping policy. It comes and goes as a promotion like many other businesses and sales.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
They never had any ongoing free shipping policy. It comes and goes as a promotion like many other businesses and sales.

I guess I just hit it lucky the last few months and thought it was a regular offer.

Posts: 7650 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
MidwayUSA has commercials running on YouTube, touting their new 'Express 3.0 Shipping System.'

I guess they have to pay for it somehow!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2881 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I live about 100 miles from Midway, and the shipping time from there is impressive to mediocre. The times can range from 1 day to 4-5 days for standard shipping.

posted Hide Post
One of my last Midway orders was shipped via "Smart Post".
It was not smart.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16410 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bass Pro offers free shipping over $50.00 plus a 10% military discount. They have many shooting items on their website.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/free-shipping

Posts: 13167 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
The last two "free shipping" orders I had from Midway took over a week until they were handed off to the shipper. It will be sorely missed. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2066 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post