SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calcium CT Scoring: Houston, We Have A Problem
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calcium CT Scoring: Houston, We Have A Problem Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe the billing statement was over $10k for the CT scan.

You can reverse CT by taking vitamin K-2, MK-7.
Look at Dr. Berg's video.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
I requested of my PCP a CT Calcium Scoring/Screening.
If you don't mind me asking-
I do not Smile
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Did your insurance cover this?
Did you require pre-approval?
Does Medicare cover it?
If not, what is the total out-of-pocket cost for this procedure (where you live)?
Our insurance (Medicare + Medigap Plan G) did not cover it. It did not require pre-approval, however I do believe the referral from my PCP was required by the hospital system that performed it. It cost us $156.

At least it was supposed to have cost us $156. $75 was paid to the hospital at the time of the scan. $81 was billed to Medicare, which they declined. We haven't been invoiced for that, yet.
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
My doctor got me approved for a stress test. My insurance at the time required pre approval. We fibbed a bit about me having chest pains to ease the process.
My stress test was covered by Medicare. No fibbing required, being as the calcium score for which we paid raised a couple red flags.
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
I believe the billing statement was over $10k for the CT scan.
You can reverse CT by ...
"CT scan," in the context of the quoted post, refers to Computed Tomography scan. Aka: "cat scan."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This reminds me that I should be getting one of these done again soon with my family’s history; my grandfather (who I never got to meet) died of a heart attack when my Dad was just 12 and my Dad had a quintuple bypass at age 58 himself.

I did get one maybe seven or eight years ago, and my Cardiologist seemed unconcerned about the results, and actually did not seem too enthusiastic about this type test in general as far as being able to predict true heart issues.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post