SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    All Hail the Kang!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All Hail the Kang! Login/Join 
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted
Got a baby Yak that you need to dispose of? Well you are in luck. Amazon is having a sale on Sigforum's favorite garbage disposal. The Waste King!

https://www.amazon.com/deal/4d...1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Posts: 2716 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Passed on to my next door neighbor who's looking to replace her current disposal that sounds like a wood chipper.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Is this both powerful and quiet?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5074 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being in the plumbing business, I'm a true believer in Insinkerator! I recently needed a disposer for one of our rental units. I took out our 20 year old ISE 333SS that was working great and installed a ISE Evolution Select Plus in our house which is my go to for quietness. Came out a win win for us!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Being in the plumbing business, I'm a true believer in Insinkerator! I recently needed a disposer for one of our rental units. I took out our 20 year old ISE 333SS that was working great and installed a ISE Evolution Select Plus in our house which is my go to for quietness. Came out a win win for us!!

Get the pitchforks, he's not one of us...

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
quote:
Being in the plumbing business, I'm a true believer in Insinkerator!

Get the pitchforks, he's not one of us...

I'm even more not one of you. I don't see the point of garbage disposals at all

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Is this both powerful and quiet?
In my old house, the 1 hp Waste Kang I installed was quieter than the 1/3 hp in-sink erator Badger (contractor grade). Power will depend on which size motor you buy (1/3, 1/2, 3/4, or baby yak grinding 1 hp).

In my current house, I have a 1 hp Waste Kang 9980 sitting on the shelf waiting for the inevitable despise of the contractor grade POS. I bought it on a previous Amazon sale and it's less money than Amazon or Deep Homo sell the In-Sink Erator POS Badger line. To be fair, In-Sink Erator does have different grades of garbage disposals but I can't see spending 50% to 300% more when I'm happy with the Kang.

To note, the ones on sale are the EZ Mount which generates slightly lower reviews than the traditional connection (easy peasy so don't see why somebody needs something easier. It's a tried and true industry standard design too). Exact same disposal, but different connection systems.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:

I so rarely use the disposal. It gets run for only little stuff that may not have made it into the trash etc. I have never stuffed half a ham or whatever down their like most folks seem to. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7697 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DON'T buy the Badger line in ISE!! I always suggest ISE's lines with SS grinding parts and chamber, you won't regret it! My biggest gripe about the "Kang is it's mounting system, it sucks compared to ISE!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:

I so rarely use the disposal. It gets run for only little stuff that may not have made it into the trash etc. I have never stuffed half a ham or whatever down their like most folks seem to. Smile
Wink Some items can't be thrown in the trash Wink

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
DON'T buy the Badger line in ISE!! I always suggest ISE's lines with SS grinding parts and chamber, you won't regret it! My biggest gripe about the "Kang is it's mounting system, it sucks compared to ISE!!

I agree with you on the Kang's mounting system, it sucks", I have installed many of the othe one's and they were simple to catch and lock but not the Kang's.

Posts: 18049 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some items can't be thrown in the trash

Of course not......that’s why we have coasts and swamps silly. Razz

In can just imagine my luck if I tried to “dispose” of the neighbor or something. I get a arm stuck in there unable to be disposed or removed and have to explain to the plumber why there is a human are sticking out of the sink flipping him the bird. Smile.

So based on that I just prefer to be friends with everybody so I don’t run into that situation.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7697 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post