SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random Question - Anyone Done Business in Guyana?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random Question - Anyone Done Business in Guyana? Login/Join 
Banned
posted
I'm looking for a commercial real estate rep to find office space in Guyana. Does anyone have any experience in this country?

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Whatever you do don't drink the kool-ade.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5725 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Hopefully you are working with an accounting firm or law firm to help with organizing the business in that country. They might be able to refer you to someone.

The firm I work for is part of an international network that has offices in 120+ countries. Unfortunately, we do not have an office in Guyana. We do have offices in these countries that border Guyana; Brazil and Venezuela. If you can't find a better contact, I could check to see if someone in those countries can help.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4892 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
Hopefully you are working with an accounting firm or law firm to help with organizing the business in that country. They might be able to refer you to someone.

The firm I work for is part of an international network that has offices in 120+ countries. Unfortunately, we do not have an office in Guyana.

This is for an existing company, for which I work. We too are a global company, and looking to launch in Guyana. I am tasked with sourcing Real Estate options, but the CBREs of the world don't seem to have local offices in this market.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:

This is for an existing company, for which I work. We too are a global company, and looking to launch in Guyana. I am tasked with sourcing Real Estate options, but the CBREs of the world don't seem to have local offices in this market.

Check with your accounting or legal departments.... one of them will know if you're working with a CPA firm or law firm in that area. We're a CPA firm. We do have offices in these countries that border Guyana; Brazil and Venezuela. If you can't find a better contact, I could check to see if someone in those countries can help.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4892 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:

Check with your accounting or legal departments.... one of them will know if you're working with a CPA firm or law firm in that area. We're a CPA firm. We do have offices in these countries that border Guyana; Brazil and Venezuela. If you can't find a better contact, I could check to see if someone in those countries can help.

Good advice, but our legal and accounting departments have not yet begun any work in this country. This is simply a due diligence exercise to see what is out there, and what the real estate investment might look like.