SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Icky spider alert....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Icky spider alert.... Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Da fuq is dis on my 4-Runner rear window ?!?

about the size of a quarter....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
They are friends that eat bugs. Treat them kindly.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Counterpoint.

Burn your truck to the ground and should you have a garage burn that down as well just in case.

Buy a bug light. That eats bugs and is entertaining with a six pack.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:...

The M242 Bushmaster is your go to...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Counterpoint.

Burn your truck to the ground and should you have a garage burn that down as well just in case.

Buy a bug light. That eats bugs and is entertaining with a six pack.
THIS!!! Spiders are Satans pets! They all need a flamethrower sprayed in their direction. We have giant Wolf Spiders around my house. (outside thank God).

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5307 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Flashguy in my thinking. They trap, eat, kill the mosquitoes so I leave them be.

My husband & I actually got in a bit of a tiff last week cos when I went out to the dog kennel there was a 1-plus story spiderweb about 14 ft wide built between the garage & the kennel that I knew wasn't there the day before. It is awe inspiring how fast they can build a spiderweb. It's builder was smack in the middle, also about the size of a quarter. I got my husband to humor me & come look. It really was a beauty & he had to go out with bug spray & tear it down. Didn't kill the spider though cos he was back at it the next day.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Probably an Orb Weaver or a Garden Spider.

100 percent HARMLESS to people, or any large mammal. Great spiders to have around.

They weave LARGE webs and can look very scary, but they are our friends. THey eat a shitload of bad bugs, and at worst, scare us.

Leave them be if you can.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I have had several around this year,I think the life cycle is about up as some have spun thumb size cocoons and attached in various out of the way protected places

Posts: 22421 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yup, leave them be, they are your friend.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to see how fast those rascals can move, just throw a grasshopper into the web. They can go from 0 to 90 faster than you can say it!

Posts: 542 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
It's even better when you're walking in the dark and catch one and their web with your face. You will go from stoic man to screaming little girl clawing at your face in .00001 second!!

Posts: 4367 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

How do we know this is not an exaggeration? Hold a quarter next to it for a picture.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Looks like Mr. and Mrs. Spider. Making little spiders!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20395 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Orb weavers- very beneficial til you catch one in the face in the dark lol
Also-

Everyone’s favorite- jumpers!

Woodpile resident

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15834 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post

Only way to be sure.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post