SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Anyone Have Experience with"Damsel in Defense?"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anyone Have Experience with"Damsel in Defense?" Login/Join 
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted
This looks like a sales party type business that sells stun guns, pepper spray, tactical pens, concealed carry bags, etc. for women. I have a friend who wants to host a party, and I was just wondering if anyone here is familiar with the products and could comment on the quality.

https://www.mydamselpro.net/CO...TE/shop/CATALOG.aspx

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
It's a sleazy MLM (redundant). Steer clear.

ETA: I've seen some of the products but I have no idea how the quality stacks up with the similar stuff you can buy from legit businesses. I just wouldn't want a penny of my hard earned money lining the pocket of anyone affiliated with that operation or any like it.

Posts: 697 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
MLM

?

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salty Dawg:
It's a sleazy MLM (redundant). Steer clear.

ETA: I've seen some of the products but I have no idea how the quality stacks up with the similar stuff you can buy from legit businesses. I just wouldn't want a penny of my hard earned money lining the pocket of anyone affiliated with that operation or any like it.

sheesh

will those things ever go away? Herbalife, Etsy, Pampered Chef, advocare, baskets blah blah blah

------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Multi Level Marketing.

Where the business model makes money by signing up sales people and encourages their sales people to sign up more sales people (into multiple levels of sales people).

Many MLM companies make very little money on the actual products they sell, but make a ton of money on the fees they charge their sales persons to become a part of the team.

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
MLM

?

Multi Level Marketing.

Others include AmWay, Isagenix, LegalShield, etc

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

will those things ever go away? Herbalife, Etsy, Pampered Chef, advocare, baskets blah blah blah

I don't think Etsy is multi level marketing. That's a sales platform for people to sell their own goods directly to consumers.

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
This looks like a sales party type business that sells stun guns, pepper spray, tactical pens, concealed carry bags, etc. for women. I have a friend who wants to host a party, and I was just wondering if anyone here is familiar with the products and could comment on the quality.

https://www.mydamselpro.net/CO...TE/shop/CATALOG.aspx
Without comment on the products, or repeating complaints about MLM in general, I will recommend that neither you, or your friend, host parties of these types.

It is offensive to me that someone would ask you to take time and money to host a party, so they can sell the products from the "Amway-like" "business.". If they want to use a party for marketing, then they can take the time and money to host it themselves. I don't care if it's Damesel in Defense, Pampered Chef, Tupperware, or Amway, they should cover their own marketing costs, rather than ask a "friend " to do it. Yes, I know typically the sucker (aka "host") gets a discount, or a "gift" from the product line, but that doesn't even come close to compensating the sucker (aka "host") for their time and expenses.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

I don't think Etsy is multi level marketing. That's a sales platform for people to sell their own goods directly to consumers.

This. How did Etsy get on the list??

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16317 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I have never agreed to host a sales party, even if I like the products, but I have some friends who will host for anything under the sun. I had just never heard of this company before.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen them at gunshows. Seems like cheap crap and the sellers seem like fairly militant femi-nazi type, but that is probably just my location.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post