SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Sigforum have any knowledgeable people about vintage fly fishing rods?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Sigforum have any knowledgeable people about vintage fly fishing rods? Login/Join 
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted
In particular, Thomas and Thomas, "Trouter" model.

If so, can you please drop me an email?

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14042 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
They seem kinda high end, still being made I think.

https://thomasandthomas.com/collections

Posts: 6422 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Is it bamboo?

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2282 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
I believe graphite.

Posts: 14042 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Thomas and Thomas is a well made higher end fly rod company that started gaining popularity in the 70s. I’ve never fished one but have held some of their bamboo rods and was impressed. Can you give us more details on the “trouter” rod. Length, line wt., number of sections, bamboo/glass/graphite, approx year of manufacture. If it is bamboo do you have both original tip pieces and how is the overall condition. The rod has value that can be as little as $3-400 or potentially up into the thousands. Does it have a reel on or with it?

Posts: 3029 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
Thomas and Thomas is a well made higher end fly rod company that started gaining popularity in the 70s. I’ve never fished one but have held some of their bamboo rods and was impressed. Can you give us more details on the “trouter” rod. Length, line wt., number of sections, bamboo/glass/graphite, approx year of manufacture. If it is bamboo do you have both original tip pieces and how is the overall condition. The rod has value that can be as little as $3-400 or potentially up into the thousands. Does it have a reel on or with it?

I think I have all that. I sent you some pictures to the email you have on file.

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Here is a source that I have used in the past. There is not much on Thomas.

http://fiberglass-fly-rods.pbw...ge/5182980/FrontPage

Posts: 11894 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
What part of WV are you in, BigJoe?
I fly fish in the state.
Email is fine if you don’t want to post here.

Posts: 3865 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
What part of WV are you in, BigJoe?
I fly fish in the state.
Email is fine if you don’t want to post here.

I sent you an email.

For everybody - I found what I need, plus some extremely valuable info from dking