SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wiper blades. They got expensive..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wiper blades. They got expensive.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I thought a family member was pulling my leg when he said his new blades cost $60.00. Then I started looking local for new blades for my van. Dang if it's not easy to find the $60.00 blades and some more expensive. I shopped the Tricos at Tractor Supply and they were the best price but not stocked. Auto Zone and Advance are all in on high prices so WalMart was up. I got the Michelin Man wipers at $32.00 for the pair. Noone even gets close to WalMart to walk in and buy. Really glad they were there as the old blades were falling apart. Who else finds wiper blades to be over priced? I seem to remember buying them for a lot less in years past.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I just paid $33 for a pair of Rain-X Latitude wipers, which was about what they've been for the past several years.

Looking at my old wiper purchases, it looks like ~$16-$17 each has been the norm for all my Rain-X or Bosch wiper blade purchases from Amazon since at least 2015.

So I wouldn't say they've gone up significantly. At least the ones I buy. Perhaps the budget brands have gone up proportionally more?

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They went from under $10 to crazy prices overnight.

Posts: 9508 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Costco. For sure.

Michelin on sale this month $6.99 each.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Rockauto always has them for under $10 often you can find them under $5. You do need to add shipping though or get an extra pair when you order something.

Also, Honda/Acura sells inserts not sure about other manufacturers. I picked up a pair from honda for under $15.

https://www.collegehillshonda....intenance-parts.html

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16398 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I just paid $33 for a pair of Rain-X Latitude wipers, which was about what they've been for the past several years.

Looking at my old wiper purchases, it looks like ~$16-$17 each has been the norm for all my Rain-X or Bosch wiper blade purchases from Amazon since at least 2015.

So I wouldn't say they've gone up significantly. At least the ones I buy. Perhaps the budget brands have gone up proportionally more?
Yes, Trico at Advance are $30.00 each blade. They dont stock the Gold which are $25.00 for the pair at Tractor Supply.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Costco. For sure.

Wow. We have a Costco store here and I haven't made it in there yet.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Yes, Trico at Advance are $30.00 each blade. They dont stock the Gold which are $25.00 for the pair at Tractor Supply.

Perhaps its Advance that got expensive, and not the wiper blades...

You can get a pair of Trico Diamond at Amazon for $35, or a pair of Trico Gold for $20.

That's $17.50 each, or $10 each. Nowhere near $30 each.

Advance is trying to gouge you by nearly double.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I kinda didn't even think about Amazon. Still, I enjoy the WalMart for many products. They can order Trico too.

posted Hide Post
I buy the inserts cost me $12 each last month

buying the whole arm is a scam

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Next replacement will be the Trico blades. I haven't seen any PIAA blades and those are said to be GTG for the price.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I still need to get the Lil blade for the back glass. It's in good shape but it's old.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps its Advance that got expensive, and not the wiper blades...

I've kind of noticed that.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I returned the Costco Michelin after poor heavy downpour performance on my BMW. It seemed the blade didn't have enough rigidity and chattered on the top end. I was driving at night in heavy rain on 55 MPH two way highway and needed great wiper performance. Didn't get it with those blades.

Most blades for my BMW are so called Euro design, without hinged segments like whatever isn't a Euro design. I'm sticking with Euro design blades and hope they peform better in those conditions where wiper performance can mean risk to your life.

Posts: 7454 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
RainX your front glass pbslinger. If you've never been out in rain with a wind shield treated with RainX, you are in for a experience. I never before saw rain disperse in such a manner.

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
RainX your front glass pbslinger. If you've never been out in rain with a wind shield treated with RainX, you are in for a experience. I never before saw rain disperse in such a manner.

I first used RainX in the 80's. Maybe it works great on some windshields that naturally tend to blow water away, but I question if it really improves wiper performance.

Posts: 7454 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's not intended to improve wiper performance... Rather, it reduces/eliminates the need to use the wipers at all.

It's like a quality wax job for your windshield. The water droplets bead up and run right off, without having to manually wipe them off.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Motorcraft at the local Ford dealer for my Explorer. Seemed a reasonable price, bit she marked them down a bit, with the >$200 AGM battery I had to buy for our Expedition.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Yes, rain-x for the win, then buy the cheapest inserts available..

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Costco. For sure.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post