SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paracord knife wrap
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paracord knife wrap Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
I seem to recall a post on a wrap for a knife grip. I have a machete with a bare aluminum grip. It needs some sort of grip material put on it for whacking weeds.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You may be referring to this:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...830065584#5830065584

You don't want to use paracord. Looks cool but it's not secure for your purpose.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I did this on my Izula, but I agree with Para that something grippier would be mo betta for what you're talking about.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some makers dip the Japanese cord wrapped knives in clear marine epoxy for a secure handle.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
I did this on my Izula, but I agree with Para that something grippier would be mo betta for what you're talking about.

That's it. But maybe I need a plan B.
The machete is at mother's house. I found the old workhorse knife in Mother's stuff. (Recall Mother is almost 98. Now in assisted living after breaking hip and covid. I am cleaning up the yard for sale of the house) It has been in the family for years. Super blade. But the grip is cast onto the shank with no means of removal except cutting. It was covered with junk rubber and tape. I think the best plan B is to remove the aluminum and start over. Suggestions for a cool handle will be welcome.

I am thinking fit some cool wood spacers and cover with some G2 type pistol grip panels.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post