SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Offerup (and the likes) meeting...be aware
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Offerup (and the likes) meeting...be aware Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
A few Saturdays ago I was in my shop when I noticed a lady run at full speed past my shop. I thought it was strange but we were so busy I couldn't investigate. Later that day when things slowed down I looked at my surveillance: Buyer meets the seller, the seller takes a picture of the buyer and goes back to her car to retrieve item. Buyer tries on item, small talk and takes off. Car waiting in the alley was heard peeling out. The seller was frozen for a good 30 seconds. I sent footage to PD, seller did not even make a police report.

Careful meeting up with anyone.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
The county in Florida I live in, the county sheriff used to recommend people do the meet ups at the local sheriff station or one of their sub stations.
He said you could to the meet in the lobby. He did say for obvious reasons no transfer of firearms or related items.
Not sure if this is still the case.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Yep, things have gotten a bit spicy to put it mildly. Gone are the days I used to buy handguns off the tailgate of my truck in a local parking lot. Shame, during those days I did meet a lot a really nice people.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they wont meet you in the cops parking lot, dont go.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16001 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post