SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Live map of world wide radio stations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Live map of world wide radio stations Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted
The green dots on this google earth represent a radio station anywhere in the world. Click in anyone of the dots and you will immediately listen to that station with very good sound.

Click on the green dot to listen live.

http://radio.garden/live/

Posts: 5742 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
Looks like it will take a while to check them all out...

Really cool site.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought it interesting to see the lack of them in China. Would've thought that there would be some state sponsored ones at least.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I have at least 6 radio stations in my coty and none show up.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:

I'm thinking because if you can click on the station and listen to them, that means they also stream over the internet. Not all radio stations are on the internet. Perhaps this map only shows those that stream content as well as broadcast over the air,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:

I'm thinking because if you can click on the station and listen to them, that means they also stream over the internet. Not all radio stations are on the internet. Perhaps this map only shows those that stream content as well as broadcast over the air,

Nope... only one for Rapid City SD period and we have well over a dozen that stream.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16226 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Tough crowd.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Great I can now listen to authentic Cuban tunes from Havana while I smoke a cigar Smile

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Cool

Posts: 26919 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
Pretty neat. I'm currently listening to a station in Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland. The DJ is speaking in Gaelic and the music is Celtic with the lyrics sung in Gaelic.

Posts: 563 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
very cool.. thanks for sharing!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Kind of like having Google Earth as your DJ Smile

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Great now I can listen to Radio free Ireland while having some Jameson or Guinness, probably won't understand a feckin thing there' say'n without subtitles..

Posts: 23481 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
this is actually pretty neat - thanks

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53195 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Seems like it is pretty cool. It's not working on my iPad though. Gets to a blue screen and says something like press play to start listening, but can't get beyond that.
Bah worked now for whatever reason... Cool! Definitely neat, though I don't see quite a few stations. Did find 95.5 KLOS Big Grin

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2446 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
KLOS is my favorite station in LA - usually start to pick it up right around the Palm Springs - Banning corridor area

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53195 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
From their info page:

quote:
Station website
[1] The website must be online 24/7 [2] The stream must be accessible from the website, so we can verify ownership. [3] The website may not merely be an account page on another radio stream provider (e.g. TuneIn) or broadcasting service (e.g. ShoutCast) [4] The website must fully functional and provide basic information about the station (half filled site-builder templates will not be admitted).

Streaming MP3 url to the radio mp3 stream.
The stream must be accessible from everywhere in the world, 24/7. Links to station website listening pages will be ignored. We do not support M3U8 streams, RTSP streams or Shoutcast streams running on versions 2.4 or below. 'Radionomy' streams can not be admitted since we can't ensure they are accessible from around the world. 'Securenet Systems' streams can not be admitted since they block Radio Garden.

There are other requirements, but those are the biggies that would prevent stations being posted.
That said, you can submit your favorites to the list and "get them on the air" so to speak.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post