SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Headlight Restoration
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headlight Restoration Login/Join 
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine is an engineer on the Union Pacific railroad and is issued bug wipes that work wonders on discolored or cloudy headlights.
When he first told me about this, I scoffed at him.
First of all it seems to good to be true; just a wipedown with the bug wipe and you're good for about six months.
I've used the 3M abrasive kits and they require time and a little elbow grease so I wasn't too receptive to his idea.

Four years ago, I used it on a car with badly disclored headlights and did it twice after that. Till I got rid of the car, the headlights looked good.
I've used it on several vehicles since then and it does work.

The wipes in question are a brand that I had never heard of before but I guess they sell them at REI.

https://www.rei.com/product/75...t-deet-package-of-12

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daily driver is a 1986 Old Cutlass Supreme and the headlights are easily replaced and made of GLASS. Never did understand the move away from sealed beams and after seeing what it takes to replace a simple bulb on some cars I don't think I'll ever get one of these new Disposable autos.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post