SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SigForum question: the colorization of the little house graphic?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SigForum question: the colorization of the little house graphic? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
There’s a graphic, a little house with a tree, to the left of each SigForum topic on the main page, e.g., “The Lounge”. For many topics that graphic is colored, but grayed-out for others. Currently, “New Member Introduction” has a grayed-out graphic.

What’s the significance of that graphic colorization? My guess: grayed-out means that no member, or possibly no person, member or not, has that topic open.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I'll play: colorized graphic means there's a new post in that sub-forum since one last read it.

Posts: 6464 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Little house with a tree?

And here I always thought it was a light bulb. Big Grin

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It means no new topics have been posted there since you last visited the site.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:

The lightbulb is while you’re in a topic, such as The Longe, rather than while you’re on the main page.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never knew that was there...whoa. I'm woke.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To confirm previous replies hover the mouse pointer over the tree, an info balloon will pop-up.

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Looks like a light bulb to me . . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:

The lightbulb is while you’re in a topic, such as The Longe, rather than while you’re on the main page.
That explains it since I am never on that page. LOL. I have a quick link to the lounge and navigate from there.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not a light bulb, it's moon. Like a moon from the backside.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Oh, I see it now. Huh. I'm never on that page.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post