SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Translation Help Requested -- Arabic or Persian
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Translation Help Requested -- Arabic or Persian Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Noted this photo and annotation at work the other day. Can anyone here translate this arabic or persian scrawl?

The person's image shows up as "Ali Tabatabaei" using Google.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5216 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
No luck translating, but googling that name says it he was an Iranian scholar/mystic. If so, maybe the language is Persian?

Posts: 15156 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The person who posted this paper on the inside of their office is from Iran. Persian likely.

-------

Posts: 5216 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I know a Persian (Iranian). I'll try to catch up with him tomorrow for you.

God bless America.

Posts: 13901 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Zoroastrian maybe? Or Kurdish?

Posts: 3789 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I googled the face and it's picture of an Iranian scholar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Tabatabaei

Posts: 1662 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Looking at the scrawl, I imagine that two symbols are curved swords. And, there is a cross. I just want to know more.

-------

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I was unable to catch up with him today, 4mul8r, but I'm sure I'll see him tomorrow.

God bless America.

Posts: 13901 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I’m definitely curious. I tried using Google lens on a cropped part with just the text. No luck.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4364 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Well, 4mul8r, I don't have much of an answer for you.

I spoke to my friend a moment ago and showed him the image. He said it's more of a code than a word or statement. The first and last characters appear to be of the Persian alphabet, the last one being like our "m," but the upside down triangle and the cross are definitely not. The two swords/daggers are symbols, and "the hats are old-school."

God bless America.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
It says ""Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32046 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

God bless America.

Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
It says ""Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

Well played!!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8657 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
A) Is that figure known for any particular positions?

B) Probably worth a call to HR/be sure someone occasionally talks to the fellow, to make sure he is sane.

Posts: 5929 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I am not sure how to learn any of the pictured "mystic" person teachings. I suppose in time I might find out with searches. However, I don't want to search on my personal computer or one at work. Maybe the library.

-------

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Can you not just ask the person who hung it up?

Posts: 20600 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
No, I cannot ask that person.

-------

Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I am not sure how to learn any of the pictured "mystic" person teachings. I suppose in time I might find out with searches. However, I don't want to search on my personal computer or one at work. Maybe the library.

Not sure what your particular interest is, but I found a couple of links that may be of interest.

Biography and discussion This link shows some of his teachings and apparent relationship to the Ayatollah Khomeini.

Nickname of a Hezbollah terrorist commander

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5011 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I’m curious as to the crossed out yin yang symbols on the post it notes.

An anonymous email from an unrelated or new gmail account to your HR department may be a simple way to have them look into it while remaining anonymous.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4364 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Translation: I think my wife ran away with my goat.

Posts: 23226 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post